This topic has not been added to any channels. This will make it hard for users to find. Type relevant channels into the Add Channel box to add them.

Cornflakes And Babyheads.

Postby DogsBollocks on Thu 30th Aug 9:18pm

Hi Trevs. We’re heading up Mt Grey on Saturday and have always seen the start of another track at the antenna but never knew where it went. Trailforks says it has the above interesting moniker. Any info anyone ? Specifically where does it finish ? We usually park at the campground at the ford and ride up the road to the antenna and loop from there but something different would be cool. Cheers.
DogsBollocks
"Licking my clangers in a backyard near you."
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Re: Cornflakes And Babyheads.

Postby AgrAde on Thu 30th Aug 10:25pm

That's the descent part of red beech track. It ends up at the grey river that you need to cross, then has a bit of a traversey slog from there back to the campsite. I haven't ridden it, the slog at the end is apparently a bit of a mission. Been meaning to give it a go for ages.
AgrAde
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Clarky on Sun 9th Sep 8:24pm

It's a local track for me. About a km from the Mt Grey trig the first few kms of native bush are sublime, followed by a drop down to a creek with amazing super-techy riding and great scenery.

If you're not in hurry, there is a bit of bike pushing along the single track on the climb back up from the creek, but once your back on 'track' it's great riding again. If you have a long day to enjoy and take it all in it's a great mission.
Clarky
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Clarky
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby DogsBollocks on Wed 12th Sep 11:05am

Clarky wrote:https://www.strava.com/activities/861854442#20988296113

Word on the street was it's all bush bash from when you hit the creek at the bottom back to the carpark at the ford. Is that not the case ?
Cheers
DogsBollocks
"Licking my clangers in a backyard near you."
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby Sikamikanico on Thursday 11:11am

DogsBollocks wrote:
Clarky wrote:https://www.strava.com/activities/861854442#20988296113

Word on the street was it's all bush bash from when you hit the creek at the bottom back to the carpark at the ford. Is that not the case ?
Cheers

The track is pretty well established, I wouldn't consider it bush bashing.

There was a lot of walking when I did it on the lower section, things like slips and river crossings really slow everything down. Its the only track I've ridden that's taken longer on the way down than on the way up.
Sikamikanico
Member for: 2 years 0 months

- Latest Posts