Re: Cool Apps

Postby happybaboon on Thu 24/Apr/14 12:05pm

lubie wrote:
happybaboon wrote:Vikings is decent.

But the show needs to be about Floki only.

Floki is played by Stellan Starskard's son - not the hot vampire one though. </hijack>

He is the finest Skarsgard if you ask me. By far.

Floki dominates every scene he's in. Even when he's just doing his routine daily viking shit in the background.
happybaboon
User avatar
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Re: Cool Apps

Postby chuckie34 on Thu 24/Apr/14 9:09pm

Ummmm, no one has mentioned the subway app? Order your subs from your app and pick em up from chosen store.
chuckie34
User avatar
"I had an idea - - - - -"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Re: Cool Apps

Postby Simon_K on Thu 24/Apr/14 9:30pm

Viber, IMDB, Google maps, Stuff/Herald, Buzzfeed

Time wasters while I wait for work :thumbsup:
Simon_K
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Re: Cool Apps

Postby thelivo on Thu 24/Apr/14 11:01pm

Feedly if you read a lot of RSS
expensify if your employer uses it
Air NZ
IMDB
Google Keep
Google maps - for a cool little trick, find somewhere in street view, switch it to compass mode then you can actually look around as if you were there.
Duolingo
Uber if you are in a city where its working
Glympse if you want to share your location with someone on a time limited basis - really useful if you are meeting people.
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Re: Cool Apps

Postby lubie on Fri 2/May/14 4:18pm

Simon_K wrote:Viber, IMDB, Google maps, Stuff/Herald, Buzzfeed

Time wasters while I wait for work :thumbsup:

Cheers! I had someone whinge about the lack of Flash intergration on their phone. He couldn't do the Stuff Daily Quiz!
lubie
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Re: Cool Apps

Postby lubie on Fri 2/May/14 4:24pm

Wooooooo, just discovered SnapSeed. Super Impressed!!
lubie
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Re: Cool Apps

Postby mfw on Fri 2/May/14 5:02pm

Airdroid (for Android), hook up through wifi then manage your whole phone from your PC, do all your texting from a real keyboard and screen, manage your phonebook, pull all your photos off etc...

Don't know how I ever lived without this.
mfw
User avatarMedal
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Re: Cool Apps

Postby chuckie34 on Sat 7/Jun/14 5:34pm

for the iphone users, with the app of the day app, todays free app is a bike repair/related app.
chuckie34
User avatar
"I had an idea - - - - -"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Re: Cool Apps

Postby CrustyMTB on Sun 8/Jun/14 8:44pm

mfw wrote:Airdroid (for Android), hook up through wifi then manage your whole phone from your PC, do all your texting from a real keyboard and screen, manage your phonebook, pull all your photos off etc...

Don't know how I ever lived without this.
THANK YOU!!
Just installed this on the tablet and phone, this is exactly what I need, sweet user interface too.

Anyone got an opinion on repligo vs adobe for editing and annotating pdfs?
CrustyMTB
User avatar
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: Cool Apps

Postby lubie on Thu 12/Jun/14 1:14pm

Does anyone use "Dolphin" for web browsing on their smart device?
http://dolphin.com/
lubie
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Re: Cool Apps

Postby slumdog on Thu 12/Jun/14 1:26pm

lubie wrote:Does anyone use "Dolphin" for web browsing on their smart device?
http://dolphin.com/


Yes, because it can enable you to use flash plugins on some streaming sites. Pretty gnarly to setup, and no Android support any Adobe any longer.. The hassle means I don't generally bother tho, plus the 'intuitive' tablet shortcuts seemed like a pain in the arse, I had to learn a whole bunch of stuf just to do simple tasks. YMMV and very well rated by others, I think I'm just a mong...
slumdog
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Re: Cool Apps

Postby lubie on Wed 18/Jun/14 9:45am

CamCard photographs business cards and transposes the details to your phone contacts. (there does seem to be some sort of cloud type syncing to cross the contacts to other devices too)
lubie
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Re: Cool Apps

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Thu 19/Jun/14 12:08pm

lubie wrote:CamCard photographs business cards and transposes the details to your phone contacts. (there does seem to be some sort of cloud type syncing to cross the contacts to other devices too)


My boss says thanks for that one, lubie :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Scaredy_Cat
User avatar
""RIDER!!!" :-D"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Re: Cool Apps

Postby CrustyMTB on Thu 19/Jun/14 3:02pm

Scaredy_Cat wrote:
lubie wrote:CamCard photographs business cards and transposes the details to your phone contacts. (there does seem to be some sort of cloud type syncing to cross the contacts to other devices too)


My boss says thanks for that one, lubie :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
From me too, tres handy.
CrustyMTB
User avatar
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: Cool Apps

Postby Malcy on Thu 19/Jun/14 5:15pm

When do you stop on this crazy thing?!?!?!?!

2048.png
4096
Malcy
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Sifting | Technology - Latest Posts

Who is online

42 Users browsing this website: Alexa [Bot], Google [Bot] and 39 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • ProBikeKit
  • Torpedo7
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles

cron