Re: Contact Huka Mountain Bike Challenge

Postby pedalingkiwi on Tue 1/Dec/09 4:24am

DaveAldred wrote:
Oli wrote:The road was covered in bottles too - I think it's just a native Taupo tradition to scatter them hither and yon. :thumbsup:

It fucks me off that people think they have some right to throw their waterbottles at the roadside in events. Seems like when cycling, they think they don't have to be a Tidy Kiwi. I ground out someone last year on the road for doing it. Cheeky littering bastard. People also think their jersey pockets or short legs are far too awesome to get a bit of gel on too, and I've seen people just drop their gel wrappers which also gets my Spideysense tingling. And I read a couple of Tarbabies the headlines last winter when I saw them at the roadside and one of them threw a punctured tube up into the bushes. Wankers. What is it with some people and littering?

Maybe I am too sensitive to this stuff. Once, near the Blue Ridge Mtns in the US, I got out at traffic lights to give a guy back through his window, the ciggy he had thrown onto the street. The shouting and near fisticuffs amid the honking horns as the lights went green, was excellent. Fuck him and his littering.

Don't litter near me, or anywhere else.... or else....

Considering I said I wouldn't look at vorb tonight, I am gobbing off somewhat. I wil go and clean the kitchen now.

d

No dave - you're not too sensitive, you are RIGHT - there is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for littering - anytime, anywhere. Gets my goat too - across all walks of life - not just sporting people who 'should know better whilst enjoying the glorious outdoors' ....
pedalingkiwi
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby DaveAldred on Tue 1/Dec/09 7:06am

I think thats why I find it so annoying, because I feel that a person who enjoys the outdoors should respect it.
DaveAldred
"Bushlove - Strictly Sifting"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby groklem on Tue 1/Dec/09 4:52pm

ThingOne wrote:
Shane (Ryda) did this one.

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/world/ci ... 0064824198

Awesome! cheers guys.
groklem
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby groklem on Tue 1/Dec/09 9:34pm

DaveAldred wrote:I think thats why I find it so annoying, because I feel that a person who enjoys the outdoors should respect it.

There was no litter here:
http://tracks.org.nz/track/show/696
:)

Moerangi track, freakn awesome!
groklem
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Cycling | Events | Featured Events | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts