Congratulations

Postby way_downsouth on Sun 27/Apr/03 1:49pm

Well, I guess you guys managed to beat us fair and square at Uni Games, Paul even managed to better Toms crash. Wasnt that fantastic for all those who were watching.

And, as all mountain bikers do, we managed to have a pretty good time in town. Be it the drinking games, the spading, the teasing security guards. The list goes on, but here are some memorable parts

Car (I know that is wrong, but I dunno how to get it right), you wouldn't of been posing as a photographer for the Critic Newspaper?b

Paul, you wouldnt have been trying to get thrown off the bus into town would you?

Anyway, I guess what I am saying is that it was a good time even though you lot can ride faster than us, crash bigger and sink more piss.

Next year there will be more of the same, except we will be doing better!! If you have anything you would like to see happen at uni games next year, just let us know

Cheers
Pete Mora
way_downsouth
"Average at best"
Member for: 17 years 3 months

Postby barracuda_butcher on Sun 27/Apr/03 3:13pm

hi pete, yeah u always knew we were better! its spelt kah.

next year should be awesome, although this year was pretty good.

i u can, get hold of tom for me, he has my 8mm allen key still.
and didu guys steal our vicmtb banner?

owen
barracuda_butcher
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby way_downsouth on Sun 27/Apr/03 4:14pm

We havent got the Vic banner, although it would of been a cool souvenir.

I will get onto Tom about that allen key, if you give us an address at my email address or something I will get it posted up

Cheers
Pete
way_downsouth
"Average at best"

Postby barracuda_butcher on Sun 27/Apr/03 5:45pm

yeah sweet, i'll get back to u later.

well that narrows down who has the banner then.
barracuda_butcher
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby musket on Fri 2/May/03 12:04am

I'll have copies of the video footage out soon. Cheers for the praise, I wouldn't have been able to pull it off without so many laid back people. That's what riding is all about...

Pete: You are a dirty, drunken man. Lovely.

I would like to take this opportunity to deny any allegations of misconduct that have been (or may yet be) levelled at me. It was not me, I was at home in bed. I suspect someone was impersonating me...

Next year? More of the same. Give us XC (with cool DH sections) DH (with scary DH sections) and Urban/ BSX/ Whatever (with scary painful muntage scenes) and we, the people will be happy.

See you there. You have one year to learn to drink, ride faster and convince gorls you really are a photographer. I have one year to de stress from this one, and hopefully, I'll be allowed to ride a feckin bike.

Keep in touch and we'll try work out a trip down there (and some carnage).

Paul/ musket. The innocent guy that was home in bed (alone).
musket
Member for: 17 years 10 months

Postby way_downsouth on Fri 2/May/03 5:15pm

Now now musket that message did have some true parts, but how about sharing all.

Did you ever get your aerobics chick? don't tell me you bailed. I am sure it was you that was taking the piss out of that kind helpful security guard on the bus!

Are you saying I am the only dirty drunken man out of everyone. There were good performances all round. But be afraid. Very afraid we have one of the worst around

Beware... The Scotty Lane

Scotty is currently getting back to his roots on a posting at Tapanui. He has been feeling kinda lonely and wants some abuse (trust me he has asked for it), so it would be nice of you guys to step up and send him an abusive email on faceplant@paradise.net.nz - feel free to mention that I told you all this

Anyway back to the story, good time had by all, musket please tell the truth and look out next year

Cheers
Pete (apparantly a dirty drunken man)
way_downsouth
"Average at best"

Postby Kah on Wed 7/May/03 10:20pm

i guess we'll have to go with the salient (vic uni student mag)instead of the critic next year, pete
Kah
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Not Sure About That

Postby way_downsouth on Thu 8/May/03 7:03am

Kah,

First of all, sorry about spelling your name wrong to start with.

After some "research" on the weekend I found that using the critic in the local pubs still work fine. In fact people actually thought they would see themselves so where real enthusiastic!! I am sure the use of Salient will work well anyway

Cheers
Pete
way_downsouth
"Average at best"

Postby Scotty on Sat 17/May/03 3:12pm

Beware... The Scotty Lane

Next year I'm gonna drink you all under the f@*king table... :hmmm:

.... and I'm bringing a downhill mob with me too, and a couple of chicks.

AND I'll make sure we're at our rightful place, the top. :)
Scotty
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Postby musket on Sun 18/May/03 10:06am

AND A COUPLE OF CHICKS? holy shit.

We'll see...
musket

Postby Scotty on Sun 18/May/03 8:53pm

Oi musket, what say you about a spring-time mid-country MTB love-fest (in a plutonic riding bikes kinda way) somewhere up nelson way?

Or maybe a nutty nut-fest at Naseby (where everyone knows your name, and my mate owns the pub...kinda like cheers)

Just thought it'd be good to get some more club interaction going :)
Scotty

Spring Time Bash

Postby way_downsouth on Tue 20/May/03 6:50am

Scotty and Musket

I am sooooo keen on this - Me and a few of the boys are gonna be up there for a mates 21st anyway - wouldnt that be fun if we all go let loose together again!!!! (that or incredibly drunken and dirty)

In other related news I now have my photos from uni games, look out for a couple going up here.... they are dirty

Cheers
Pete
way_downsouth
"Average at best"

Postby Vinnie on Tue 20/May/03 8:43pm

Hey, this club interaction thing sounds good scotty and pete! Lets try and get this together!!! Naseby would be cool, cause its exactly like Cheers! :), although Nelson would pretty much rock as well :thumbsup: I would actually love to have a look at some of the riding round the Nelson area (and I want to get across to WellyTown to do some of these tracks that I hear are so great!!)
Vinnie
Member for: 18 years 3 months

Postby Scotty on Wed 21/May/03 1:46pm

hmmmm....t looks like Otago has gone and totally hijacked the Vic forum. :hmmm:

yay for us! :)
Scotty

Postby musket on Wed 21/May/03 11:51pm

Club interaction GOOD. Am keen as to do, and spring should be good.
So long as Canty don't go to bed early in an attempt to do better (and avoid drinking)...
musket

Clubs | Cycling | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Victoria University MTB Club | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts