Postby Thermo on Tue 4/Dec/07 9:10pm

I went down and collected up the pulled tyres and put them on the pile by the bank. Looks like someone has been using a 4WD to pull them so they've made good progress.

Also met a guy called PJ who was driving his RC car around the track said he was keen to help out. I pointed him to Vorb for updates. He told me some others were going to come down later this week with their Land Cruiser and pull some out.
Thermo
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Rocketman on Wed 5/Dec/07 9:18am

Thermo wrote: I went down and collected up the pulled tyres and put them on the pile by the bank. Looks like someone has been using a 4WD to pull them so they've made good progress.

Also met a guy called PJ who was driving his RC car around the track said he was keen to help out. I pointed him to Vorb for updates. He told me some others were going to come down later this week with their Land Cruiser and pull some out.
I saw that quite a bit of progress has been made last night!

Awsome to see more people keen to get involved.

Can't wait till the digger turns up!
Rocketman

Postby Rocketman on Mon 10/Dec/07 5:20pm

Ok people,

There are plenty of tyres which have been pulled up, and we now need to make a start on cleaning out the earth from the tyres so they can be dumped.

So if you're keen to help out but didn't like the look the rock hard soil the tyres were buried in, nows your chance.

The soil has been loosened up in the tyres so it shouldn't take much to get the dirt out.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

might see you down there.
Rocketman

Postby Thermo on Wed 12/Dec/07 3:12pm

Thought of a club name:

Tawa Off Road Club

TORC for short.
Thermo

Postby Rocketman on Wed 12/Dec/07 3:29pm

Thermo wrote: Thought of a club name:

Tawa Off Road Club

TORC for short.
Go idea :)

How about,

Tawa Flying Monkies!!

TFM

We can then have a 'Cheif Poo Chucker' as the president, groms can be 'Mini Poo Slingers' and veterains can be 'Crusty Chuckers'.

Enough crap talk....

Talked to Tony from Miniearthworks yesterday.
He is planing on getting a smaller digger to site to finish off the tyres, which would be good for our backs etc!!
He was going to give me a call and let me know when the big digger was going to be available, fingers crossed it will be next week!
Rocketman

Postby skeletor on Wed 12/Dec/07 3:41pm

Sean the crusty poo miner. Nice ;) :lol:
skeletor
"can has your sister?"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby bevsta on Wed 12/Dec/07 3:42pm

great. some other jumps are coming up in welly.hopefully these turn out really good
bevsta
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby Rocketman on Wed 12/Dec/07 3:48pm

skeletor wrote: Sean the crusty poo miner. Nice ;) :lol:

And Nick the Cow Pat King!! :D
Last edited by Rocketman on Thu 13/Dec/07 9:37pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocketman

Postby DougW on Thu 13/Dec/07 6:13pm

Hi can anyone get hold of Sean - Community board meets tonite at 7:00 and would like an update
DougW
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby Rocketman on Thu 13/Dec/07 9:41pm

DougW wrote: Hi can anyone get hold of Sean - Community board meets tonite at 7:00 and would like an update

Everythings here.
Rocketman

Postby DougW on Fri 14/Dec/07 9:05am

Thanks

Spoke to the new board - still seem very supportive - also see that the park is now an official amenity in the new Wellington Council recreation plan!!!
DougW
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby Rocketman on Fri 14/Dec/07 9:48am

DougW wrote: Thanks

Spoke to the new board - still seem very supportive - also see that the park is now an official amenity in the new Wellington Council recreation plan!!!

Thats good news

I will be chasing up the contractor agin today to get an update.
Rocketman

Postby doin on Fri 14/Dec/07 4:31pm

Hey guys, I'm moving to Tawa from Oz in early January, I'm keen to lend a hand with this project! :D

Any pics yet of the sight?
doin
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby Rocketman on Fri 14/Dec/07 4:51pm

doin wrote: Hey guys, I'm moving to Tawa from Oz in early January, I'm keen to lend a hand with this project! :D

Any pics yet of the sight?

Yeah, got some somewhere, I actually need to take a couple more pics as we have already done a bit of work.

Unfortunatly things have been delayed as far as the Big digger being brought to site.
I spoke to Tony (MEW) today and he said that they won't be able to get it there untill mid January. :(
But the good news is that they are sending a small digger next wed-thurs to pull the rest of the tyres up. :)
Rocketman

Postby Rocketman on Thu 20/Dec/07 9:50am

Ok just a quick updated before the Xmas break.

MEW were on site yesterday with their small digger and made short work of getting the rest of the tyres up out of the ground.
So now its up to us to get the earth out of the tyres before they can be dumped.
I will be looking to spend some time down at the track after New Years to help bring the belly into line, and have as much done as I can before MEW start with the big digger in mid Jan.
See you then.
Rocketman

BMX Riding | Cycling | Dirt Jumping (BMX) | Dirt Jumping (MTB) | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington Region - Latest Posts