Postby Thermo on Fri 30/Nov/07 3:02pm

Sweet. I'll see what I can do. If we just rock down there and you're not there, I'm assuming we can just start digging them up anyway?
Thermo
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Rocketman on Fri 30/Nov/07 3:53pm

Yeah get stuck in!! Its all on!!
Rocketman
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Thermo on Fri 30/Nov/07 4:23pm

Sweet. And when it's all done, I'll have to learn how to jump :-)
Thermo
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Rocketman on Sun 2/Dec/07 9:03pm

Man talk about hard work!!

Ended up buyin a pick to break up the rock hard ground.

Thanks Thermo for giving me a hand, I'll be tryn to get back down there tomorrow evening once its a bit cooler.
Rocketman
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Thermo on Sun 2/Dec/07 10:58pm

No probs. Went out to Bunnings and had a look at digging implements. Contractors spikes are about $90! I reckon a couple of shorter spikes and a sledgehammer could wedge them up.

What time do you think you'll hit in the evening?

Rob (Thermo).
Thermo
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby sweet_P on Sun 2/Dec/07 11:40pm

Thermo wrote: No probs. Went out to Bunnings and had a look at digging implements. Contractors spikes are about $90! I reckon a couple of shorter spikes and a sledgehammer could wedge them up.

What time do you think you'll hit in the evening?

Rob (Thermo).


Ground Effect often provide funding for tools for projects like this - we've got lots of tools from $$ from them for the Wainui trail project..... No harm in asking them!
sweet_P
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Rocketman on Mon 3/Dec/07 8:29am

Thermo wrote: No probs. Went out to Bunnings and had a look at digging implements. Contractors spikes are about $90! I reckon a couple of shorter spikes and a sledgehammer could wedge them up.

What time do you think you'll hit in the evening?

Rob (Thermo).


Will be lookn to be there sometime around 7:30pm till dark
Rocketman
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Rocketman on Mon 3/Dec/07 8:31am

sweet_P wrote:
Thermo wrote: No probs. Went out to Bunnings and had a look at digging implements. Contractors spikes are about $90! I reckon a couple of shorter spikes and a sledgehammer could wedge them up.

What time do you think you'll hit in the evening?

Rob (Thermo).


Ground Effect often provide funding for tools for projects like this - we've got lots of tools from $$ from them for the Wainui trail project..... No harm in asking them!


Thanks for that dude, will definitly look into it! :)
Rocketman
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Thermo on Mon 3/Dec/07 9:17am

I wonder if they could donate us a back-hoe..... :-)

EDIT:
http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/advocacy.htm
slushfund@groundeffect.co.nz
Thermo
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Rocketman on Mon 3/Dec/07 10:18am

Thermo wrote: I wonder if they could donate us a back-hoe..... :-)

EDIT:
http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/advocacy.htm
slushfund@groundeffect.co.nz


By back-hoe I hope you mean a huge digger!!

We need to start coming up with ideas for a club name at some stage and possilbly a name for the track, do you think Widdow Maker might put a few people off? :D
Rocketman
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Thermo on Mon 3/Dec/07 11:31am

Can we get a generator on site? Pronto hire down the bottom of the gorge have electric breakers that would do a quick job.
Thermo
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Tired & Tyres

Postby mark2c on Mon 3/Dec/07 5:52pm

I pulled ten of the tyres on Saturday morning - it was very hard slog and I think I got the easy ones. Tonight I came back with an even bigger lever (water pipe on the end of my demolition bar) - but the tyres would not pop out and things just bent.

Think we are going to need a plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Such a plan could involve an excavator, some gnarly chain and a shackle. Or possibly a narrow bucket (ie scoop out the centre and then lift the tyre).

Thoughts?
mark2c
User avatar
Member for: 10 years 6 months

RE: Tired & Tyres

Postby Rocketman on Tue 4/Dec/07 8:30am

mark2c wrote: I pulled ten of the tyres on Saturday morning - it was very hard slog and I think I got the easy ones. Tonight I came back with an even bigger lever (water pipe on the end of my demolition bar) - but the tyres would not pop out and things just bent.

Think we are going to need a plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Such a plan could involve an excavator, some gnarly chain and a shackle. Or possibly a narrow bucket (ie scoop out the centre and then lift the tyre).

Thoughts?


We cant have missed you by much, Thermo & I got about 20 out down the bottom.

Ended up getting a pick which made things alot easier and faster, I was there again last night and managed another 20 odd. If we can get a few more bodies down there it wont take too long to get the job done.

I'll be back tonight from around 7.30
Rocketman
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Thermo on Tue 4/Dec/07 9:28am

Sweet, I'll see if I can get down there around the same time.
Thermo
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Rocketman on Tue 4/Dec/07 6:57pm

doesn't look like i'm going to make it tonight, got to many other things going on.

I may not be able to get down there again until Friday
Rocketman
Member for: 10 years 7 months

BMX Riding | Cycling | Dirt Jumping (BMX) | Dirt Jumping (MTB) | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington Region - Latest Posts

Who is online

56 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Rik, woofdog and 50 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles