Postby Thermo on Sun 6/Jul/08 12:56pm

I think we're all hibernating. :-)
Thermo
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Rocketman on Tue 15/Jul/08 11:22am

Thermo wrote: I think we're all hibernating. :-)

Ain't that the truth!!

The track is pretty much the same state. Lake Tawa doesn't seem to want to go down.

I caught up with Thomas (WCC) last thursday, he is still waiting for an engineers report on the drainage but looks like there will be a few soaker pits required, a new drain under the track & some reshaping of the terrain to help with water flow.

Until any of this happens, everything is on hold due to the amount of digger work required.
Rocketman

Postby DougW on Tue 15/Jul/08 11:27am

Thats sad - please keep in touch

Always willing to help!!!
DougW
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby Thermo on Thu 17/Jul/08 4:05pm

On a positive note, the impromptu spirit level in the middle has highlighted a few issues with the track!
Thermo

Postby Rocketman on Tue 5/Aug/08 4:09pm

Holy crap its all on again.

Digger is on site today doing the drainage required as well as changing the jumps along the back straight!! :D And doing some other earth moving toget the second burm working better!!

Should be ridable by the weekend I think.

There are going to be plants turning up in about 10-12 days which need to be planted ASAP. So we will be organising that from now.

Once those things are capped off we will be able to start construction of the other jump lines :D
Rocketman

Getting Going Again

Postby DougW on Tue 5/Aug/08 7:47pm

:D AWESOME!!!!

Let me know when and I will try and get a few around

Doug

WELL DONE!!!![/i]
DougW
Member for: 10 years 8 months

RE: Getting Going Again

Postby Rocketman on Wed 6/Aug/08 1:55pm

DougW wrote: :D AWESOME!!!!

Let me know when and I will try and get a few around

Doug

WELL DONE!!!![/i]

You wouldn't have room to store 150 plants at home would ya?

I was going to have the council deliver them to my place before they got planted at the track, but I no longer have room.

If any one has the space for them to be store for a week or 2 until a group can be organised to plant them. Please let me know.
We will be having the plants delivered in about 12 days or so.
Rocketman

Postby FEDERALNUT on Sat 9/Aug/08 10:40am

The double berm is to low I always come out the top lol. Why don't you make it bigger like it was befor. :blush:
FEDERALNUT
"DAKOTA ROCHE IS DA BEST AT BMX !!!"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Rocketman on Mon 11/Aug/08 8:28am

FEDERALNUT wrote: The double berm is to low I always come out the top lol. Why don't you make it bigger like it was befor. :blush:

That is thew plan dude, we just haven't been able to do anything till the council finished the drainage, looking at making it twice as big so you can rail around the burn for huge speed into the next section.

Unfortunatly these things take time but we will get there.

Ideas and suggestions are welcome, we want to make this place rock!!
Rocketman

Postby FEDERALNUT on Mon 11/Aug/08 9:36am

Ok sweet bro if your still doing the wooden structures you should do a half pipe there cool also if you had like a rail so people could lock there bags to it while there riding after school.
this track is way better than a old one thanks heaps!!! :thumbsup:
FEDERALNUT

Postby Rocketman on Mon 11/Aug/08 9:48am

FEDERALNUT wrote: Ok sweet bro if your still doing the wooden structures you should do a half pipe there cool also if you had like a rail so people could lock there bags to it while there riding after school.
this track is way better than a old one thanks heaps!!! :thumbsup:

We have plans for structures, even got some pricing to have it supplied already.
We dont have enough room for a half pipe, and there are other problems with putting one in, ie getting consent from the council.
I like the rail idea, i'll look into it and see what we can do.
Rocketman

Postby FEDERALNUT on Mon 11/Aug/08 9:55am

Ok sweet thanks for that!!!
FEDERALNUT

Postby Rocketman on Sat 16/Aug/08 2:42pm

The digger has finally been back to finish the track.

Its still a bit soggy, but give it a go and let us know what you think :D
Rocketman

Postby FEDERALNUT on Fri 10/Oct/08 4:16pm

it's pretty sweet just one puddle area on back straight but still a great track, tho it is a bit bumpy there's a sort of smooth line on the left but are there any plans to make it smother all over?
FEDERALNUT

Postby Rocketman on Sat 11/Oct/08 12:56pm

FEDERALNUT wrote: it's pretty sweet just one puddle area on back straight but still a great track, tho it is a bit bumpy there's a sort of smooth line on the left but are there any plans to make it smother all over?

Yeah still heaps to do.

Plan on cleaning up all the jumps so that there is a nice flow round the whole track,
Need to build up the first burms so that you can carry more speed into the second straight, and then will cap off the track with a layer of clean clay to get it really smooth.

Lots of other jump lines planed as well

Only problem is everyone is a bit short on time at the mo :hmmm:
Rocketman

BMX Riding | Cycling | Dirt Jumping (BMX) | Dirt Jumping (MTB) | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington Region - Latest Posts