Re: Colnago Museum

Postby Roma on Tue 18/Jan/11 9:56pm

Symon-the-fireman wrote:I was lucky enough to visit the museum last year. I had a letter of introduction from the local Colnago dealer. It is not open to the public on a regular basis. They were really nice, showed us around the museum made us coffee and introduced us to Ernesto, who signed a copy of his autobiography for me. This was just before NZ played Italy in the soccer world cup and Ernesto said that if NZ won he would give me a Bike!! unfortunately it was a draw or I would be riding a nice C65 by now!
While you are in Milan I suggest a visit to the De Rosa factory as well, they are equally as helpful and gave me a guided tour around the factory.
As a further bit of advice I would not stay in Milan itself [it's kinda big and ugly] but stay in Como it's only 1 hour by train and really pleasant place to stay and handy to those famous Tour of Lombardy climbs
Ciao e buona fortuna

Mille grazie! I was kind of thinking it must be something along those lines or else there'd be a lot more general reviews of the place on the web. We will only be in Milano for a few days at the beginning of July but I might try ringing them a few days before and try my luck.
Roma
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Tue 18/Jan/11 10:01pm

Roma wrote:
Symon-the-fireman wrote:I was lucky enough to visit the museum last year. I had a letter of introduction from the local Colnago dealer. It is not open to the public on a regular basis. They were really nice, showed us around the museum made us coffee and introduced us to Ernesto, who signed a copy of his autobiography for me. This was just before NZ played Italy in the soccer world cup and Ernesto said that if NZ won he would give me a Bike!! unfortunately it was a draw or I would be riding a nice C65 by now!
While you are in Milan I suggest a visit to the De Rosa factory as well, they are equally as helpful and gave me a guided tour around the factory.
As a further bit of advice I would not stay in Milan itself [it's kinda big and ugly] but stay in Como it's only 1 hour by train and really pleasant place to stay and handy to those famous Tour of Lombardy climbs
Ciao e buona fortuna

Mille grazie! I was kind of thinking it must be something along those lines or else there'd be a lot more general reviews of the place on the web. We will only be in Milano for a few days at the beginning of July but I might try ringing them a few days before and try my luck.

Don’t forget to post some pics when you can too.
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Roma on Tue 18/Jan/11 10:27pm

Yes. I'll have to post some photos of Schleck hopefully killing Contador in the alps and up Alpe d'Huez too!
Roma

Postby happybaboon on Tue 18/Jan/11 10:31pm

Will Alberto even be there next year......? I'm picking it's at least a bit doubtful.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby Roma on Tue 18/Jan/11 10:36pm

I hope so... last I read on roadcycling.com is a decision would be announced in January so I guess we'll hear soon.
Roma

Postby Oli on Wed 19/Jan/11 12:14am

I seriously doubt it. I guess if the Spanish federation let him off the hook he can ride until the appeal from WADA and/or the UCI is heard, but I think he's screwed.
Oli
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Wed 19/Jan/11 8:25am

He could be the ‘tainted’ meat in the sandwich.
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Cycling | Europe | Italy | Regions | Road Cycling - Latest Posts