Club Info

Postby mtbengineer on Thu 7/Sep/06 10:31am

As the name suggsts this is a mountain biking club for students at Auckland University.
If you would like to contact us, post in this thread/PM me or email unimtbclub@gmail.com

James
mtbengineer
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby keeweenz on Sun 17/Sep/06 9:27pm

Does a group of you get together for rides every now and then?

I cant wait fo finish my bike, only need to decide on bars/stem/seat/pedals and then a rear wheels :D
keeweenz
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby mtbengineer on Mon 18/Sep/06 10:03am

yea we go out most saturdays and on wednesday nights. most of the rides are at woodhill but we are working on getting out to places like riverhead and whitford etc.
mtbengineer

Postby mtbengineer on Mon 18/Sep/06 10:04am

what kind of bike are you building up?
mtbengineer

Postby reido on Mon 18/Sep/06 11:05am

mtbengineer wrote: what kind of bike are you building up?

Im guessing this:
http://www.vorb.org.nz/ftopic-21254-day ... -1470.html
(scroll down a bit)

Lokks mint dude, theres a few of us who have Single speeds in varying levels of blingness, mines a Santa Cruz Chameleon. People from the club tend to ride 2 or 3x aweek, some times all on single speeds. PM if you're keen to cme for a ride (once its buit of course!)
:thumbsup:
reido
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby keeweenz on Mon 18/Sep/06 6:33pm

Yup thas it. Gonna be a bit of a beast but my last bike wasnt exactly light either haha.

Getting bars/stem/seat via the net tonight. Cant wait.

Ill be sure to post when its complete, youll probably see me around uni too :)
keeweenz
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby Daemona on Thu 3/May/07 8:42pm

Do you have to be a student to join - or can uni staff come along?
Daemona
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby reido on Thu 3/May/07 9:44pm

Daemona wrote: Do you have to be a student to join - or can uni staff come along?

Everyone is welcome :thumbsup:
reido
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby NzO on Fri 22/Feb/08 3:35pm

Unfortunately a small number of posts were lost on Sunday the 24th of February 2008. This is one of those posts.
NzO
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby purple_monkey_yellow_cat on Mon 3/Mar/08 1:03pm

does this club still exist?
purple_monkey_yellow_cat
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby NzO on Wed 5/Mar/08 1:29pm

Looks like something might still be happening?

http://www.vorb.org.nz/ftopict-74683.html

I've just flicked them an email so we'll see :)
NzO
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby RacerBoy on Thu 13/Mar/08 5:28pm

Seems to be a bit of interest on here so i'll post up this email that was sent out:

Carrie wrote: hi
I have kind of taken over from Nick as President (temporarily) as he has no time to organise stuff. please let me know if you dont want to be sent emails and i will remove you from our contacts list.

i figure we should have a meeting next week sometime just to meet everyone and also to get a list of names for whos interested in doing uni games which is happening in rotorua over the mid semester break. also to collect membership fees ($20) which will mean you get club emails about rides, can come to uni games, can have use of the club bike for a small fee and hopefully sort out some kind of discount thing at a bikeshop. we do cool stuff like night rides, dont worry, we have lights you can use if you dont have your own, races like the cateye moon ride and trips to rotorua.

If you know anyone else who would be interested in joining the club forward them this email.

please email me with day/time you would be available for a meeting next week, ill put a notice in craccum if i can.

See you all next week

Carrie
Temporary MTB club President

contact details are on the first page
RacerBoy
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby RacerBoy on Mon 24/Nov/08 11:02am

Hi all,

So after a long few years I'm leaving uni. Just couldn't leave without letting everyone know that it's been an awesome 4 years meeting, riding, racing and drinking with all the mountain bikers out there!
Unigames have been some of my best memories at uni and Wednesday and weekend rides were great for distracting me from work.

So thanks to all you guys in the club, and I definitely recommend joining and getting out there if you're a rider and are going to uni next year!
RacerBoy
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Re: Club Info

Postby andrew206 on Thu 24/Sep/09 7:35pm

Is the club still active?
andrew206
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Auckland | Auckland Region | Auckland University MTB Club | Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Upper North Island - Latest Posts