Re: Christchurch Summer Season

Postby chchbob on Fri 17/Jul/09 12:31pm

84millsy wrote:
tony_11 wrote:For us that are riding in D Grade mark CHCHBob.. Riding a Blue Jamis.. He's going well so lets close him down.

What will be the average speed be for D Grade? I'm having a discussion at work here and a coiuple of the guys are saying i should be in C Grade.. I beg to differ and just wondered what the average speed would be in D as i feel I'm not up to C Garde in my current form.

I'll be hopefully sitting with the D lot as well. Tony, I'll be in the HUB top riding the grey Ridley. If you need someone to give you a hand crushing CHCHBob give me a tap on the shoulder.... :satan:

Geeze guys if you are going to gang up on me, I will have to bust out the big guns and have a pie and a beer for breakfast .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
chchbob
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Postby Fergie on Fri 17/Jul/09 12:32pm

Just don't do what I have done, go from being an A grader to a C grader :p But in fairness when I was young nothing else existed but cycle racing.
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby chchbob on Fri 17/Jul/09 12:43pm

Fergie wrote:Just don't do what I have done, go from being an A grader to a C grader :p But in fairness when I was young nothing else existed but cycle racing.

Fergie the Dezal can put me in my place I have no illusions there, about being any more than a D grade hack .... esp at my age ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I was younger, I bet I could have master even you ..... in a pie eating race ... :lol:
chchbob

Postby mfw on Fri 17/Jul/09 12:46pm

OK if we're doing a D grade 'show and tell' then I will look something like this, but without the spare bike on my back...
P8290087ps.JPG
mfw
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby mfw on Fri 17/Jul/09 12:51pm

So how do we recognise tony_11?
mfw
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby chchbob on Fri 17/Jul/09 12:53pm

mfw wrote:So how do we recognise tony_11?

Big fella on a Scott with his bling fulcrum 1 wheels ...
chchbob

Postby Fergie on Fri 17/Jul/09 12:59pm

Mint, anyone else coming to Eyreton to race for the first time? Have a go, it's a blast! It may not be the Tour but it's still you, a bunch of competitors and the finish line!
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."

Postby laurenw on Fri 17/Jul/09 1:05pm

I really want to come out and race but i've only done 4 rides this month, well thats 4 more than June but still I hate racing unfit. Only way to get fit I reckon though and I guess this week will be easier than next week at Sefton to start on!
I'd be D maybe E but I doubt they would let me in E :(
laurenw
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby Fergie on Fri 17/Jul/09 1:08pm

It's just 40km Lauren. You can do it. I havent trained more than 60min this week so will be winging it myself :p
Fergie

Postby chchbob on Fri 17/Jul/09 1:12pm

Fergie wrote:It's just 40km Lauren. You can do it. I havent trained more than 60min this week so will be winging it myself :p

You mean 60mins in any 1 session don't you Fergie ???
chchbob

Postby Fergie on Fri 17/Jul/09 1:19pm

Could be :paranoid:

Today was 20min when I couldn't be arsed riding in the rain.

But in terms of quality training I would say 20-30 mins of going hard time (80-100% of max aerobic power) which is the optimal zone for aerobic development and another 20-30min of sweet spot (80-100 of threshold power) which is optimal zone for building aerobic capacity. Should have been more but Wednesday's ride cooked me a little and resting HR was up to 59. This morning it was back at 49bpm.
Fergie

Postby tony_11 on Fri 17/Jul/09 1:30pm

Lauren, i think there will be quite a few of us not race fit. I'm certainly not firing on all cylinders at the moment, Bob will vouch for me on that score.. Like you say the races will just get harder as everyone gets the fitness back.

I'm just glad there are a few of us that are newbies so I'm not destroyed on my own.

Lets hope the weather is like it is today..

Hey MFW I'll be riding a Scot Cr1 Pro with like Bob says nice Fulcrum 1 Racing Wheels. I look forward to seeing you riding round with that on your back.
tony_11
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby 84millsy on Fri 17/Jul/09 1:41pm

chchbob wrote:
84millsy wrote:
tony_11 wrote:For us that are riding in D Grade mark CHCHBob.. Riding a Blue Jamis.. He's going well so lets close him down.

What will be the average speed be for D Grade? I'm having a discussion at work here and a coiuple of the guys are saying i should be in C Grade.. I beg to differ and just wondered what the average speed would be in D as i feel I'm not up to C Garde in my current form.

I'll be hopefully sitting with the D lot as well. Tony, I'll be in the HUB top riding the grey Ridley. If you need someone to give you a hand crushing CHCHBob give me a tap on the shoulder.... :satan:

Geeze guys if you are going to gang up on me, I will have to bust out the big guns and have a pie and a beer for breakfast .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then I really don't want to be sitting on your wheel when the "fireworks" come.
84millsy
""As I enter my late twenties, the world should make marginally more sense, contain far more meaning and be slightly less depressing. I'm interested in the production of belief and, unable to reconcile myself to the notion I'll find fulfilment in 'career paths', prime time television or petty romance, I've chosen to believe in cycling" - Dr Ianto Ware"
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby laurenw on Fri 17/Jul/09 1:46pm

tony_11 wrote:Lauren, i think there will be quite a few of us not race fit. I'm certainly not firing on all cylinders at the moment, Bob will vouch for me on that score.. Like you say the races will just get harder as everyone gets the fitness back.

Thanks, I entered yay :) Im the one on the pretty pink bike!
laurenw
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby chchbob on Fri 17/Jul/09 1:55pm

tony_11 wrote:Lauren, i think there will be quite a few of us not race fit. I'm certainly not firing on all cylinders at the moment, Bob will vouch for me on that score..

I'm just glad there are a few of us that are newbies so I'm not destroyed on my own.

Don't believe a word he says about his form, he has had a couple of days off and will be rearing to go ....
chchbob

Canterbury | Cycling | Middle South Island | New Zealand | Regions | Road Cycling | Road Racing | Track Cycling - Latest Posts