Re: Christchurch Car Theifs!! Help

Postby kiwi_zg on Mon 12/Apr/10 9:53pm

CarJam
[url]http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=zz7135/url]

Provides free basic Basic info, or you can pay to get more info like owners name.

If you know a petrol station owner, they usually have an account with a company like car jam so they can find and recover money from people driving off with out paying for fuel.
kiwi_zg
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby Kazmeistyr on Mon 12/Apr/10 9:55pm

I hate thieves :angry:

Some tool broke into my Honda Civic years ago, and stole my ashtray. Yup, the fuckers broke my lock to get to a ^&%#ing ashtray. Didn't bother to steal the bags of shopping in the back seat. Nor the stereo.

I don't get it, who buys all this shit that they steal anyway?
Kazmeistyr
"has the power of Greyskull"
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Mon 12/Apr/10 10:06pm

Hope you get your car back and the scum caught and dealt with :angry:

Our last incident was about 2 years ago when some scumsucker climbed over the 1.5m back fence, our garage lean-to and smashed our car passenger window, found my wife’s purse in there and stole it.
All that for the $20 in it :rolleyes:

:( We had to get and fit a new window (I can do such things), clean up, contact the Police (not interested), cancel and renew bank cards etc….all for $20.
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby OAP on Tue 13/Apr/10 7:39am

scatter wrote:You didn't have a bike in the car?

There have been a number of incidents lately where people have been followed home from Bowenvale Ave then had their garages broken into and bikes stolen at a later date (just down from us was done over last week sometime)

That's exactly the same M.O. to what was happening a couple of years ago, they caught the pricks but not before a few bikes were lifted. If you think you are being followed get the ol' camera phone out and make sure the flash is on so they get the message.
OAP
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby Slim on Tue 13/Apr/10 8:23am

OAP wrote:That's exactly the same M.O. to what was happening a couple of years ago,

Wonder if those folk are still being provided a tax payer dinner?? Rumour has it, that the guy that was the ring leader last time had only recently been released from the clink when bikes started going missing again.

My brother got done over last year at his farm, the following weekend the same guys came back to do it again, and he caught them. Turns out they were on bail for a spate of farm burglaries at the time, and had been caught twice more before they got remanded in lock up.
Slim
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby joshac on Thu 15/Apr/10 2:19pm

bloody polise and insurance companies!
polise dont give a shit, didnt and wont even follow up on it! it was stolen so its gone and they get away with it!
insurance companies!!!was insured for about$12,500 got a pay out of about 6grand and since the new insurance year started 2 months ago for us, we have to pay $150 a month till next febuary till we get the other 4 grand,
for starters! we will get back $10g when insured for $2,500 more and have to pay out the insurance for the rest of the year, around another $1,500 so in total we are getting about $7,500! nz policys are bull shit, lets all go steal cars its easy to get away with,

agghh!!! :satan:
joshac
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby surfbum on Thu 15/Apr/10 4:31pm

sounds like you where insured with state
surfbum
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby schlek1 on Thu 15/Apr/10 4:35pm

Lesson to be learnt here

Dont buy a boyracer car
schlek1
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby pushbikerider on Thu 15/Apr/10 8:29pm

joshac wrote:bloody polise and insurance companies!
polise dont give a shit, didnt and wont even follow up on it! it was stolen so its gone and they get away with it!
insurance companies!!!was insured for about$12,500 got a pay out of about 6grand and since the new insurance year started 2 months ago for us, we have to pay $150 a month till next febuary till we get the other 4 grand,
for starters! we will get back $10g when insured for $2,500 more and have to pay out the insurance for the rest of the year, around another $1,500 so in total we are getting about $7,500! nz policys are bull shit, lets all go steal cars its easy to get away with,

agghh!!! :satan:

Sounds like you need to talk to the insurance ombudsman, that doesn't sound right to me

let me guess, insured by N.A.C.? (a state offshoot) for your next ride try talking to a broker, preferably one who knows modified cars well, there are a few around
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby robo47 on Thu 16/Aug/12 12:12am

Hi all my message below is about my Holden Monaro that was stolen last Friday from Avondale.

If anyone has any informaqtion regarding this vehicle please reply to this post.

Make: Holden
Model: Monaro
Year: 1973
Colour: Metallic Dark Gold/Brown Vinyl Roof
Registration Number: FY7132
Engine Number: QT79333
Chassis Number: 81237BHQ23405
Stolen from: Christchurch
Police File: P011407856
Comments: Stolen from home at approximately 10:30am on Friday 10th August. This is a non running Monaro. Two males and one female were seen pushing the vehicle down the driveway onto the road and attaching the vehicle to a dark coloured (probably black)SUV or utility vehicle and towing away. The vehicle has no brakes and would be a problem to steer without power steeering. This is an LS 308 model with optional cloth and vinyl upholstry which is in a tidy unrestored condition. Its colour and interior trim makes its easy to identify. Twin headlight model. Missing the stainless steel moulding across the boot lid. Photos coming soon.
robo47
Member for: 5 years 2 months

Canterbury | Cars | Christchurch | Middle South Island | Motoring | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting - Latest Posts