Christchurch Adventure Park Take Two - Trails And Hours

Postby Melissa_Theuriau on Tue 5th Dec 2:19pm

The Christchurch Adventure Park reopens to the public, 10 months after closing due to the Port Hills Fire. The Park opens with the 200 seat café, chairlift, sightseeing, zip line tours and a some of the newly built mountain bike trails.

Christchurch Adventure Parks General Manager, Anne Newman is delighted to finally be able to reopen the park “Today has been a long time coming. It has been a really tough 10 months but today see’s the start of CAP Take 2. The staff are buzzing and we can’t wait to see the Park full of customers again. The exciting thing is that we are opening with some new trails that weren’t here before the fire. The new trails are spectacular and to top it off these are Forest trails so we still have managed to keep some of that trail experience. We will also have our coaching trail open. The other machine built trails will follow by early 2018 and we’ll reopen the other trails over summer as they are finished.”

“ We may be opening the doors quietly today but this weekend we’re planning a whole lot of festivities. There’ll be spot prizes, pump track challenge, scavenger hunt, bike suspension setup & tuning session with mechanical assistance and advice from Sram and Rockshox, Safety presentations with a Kali Helmet Giveaway, as well as Cassels Beer tasting. It is going to be a fun weekend. Not to mention the views from the top of the chair lift. The removal of quite a few trees has a bit of a silver lining in that the view from the top is absolutely amazing” says Newman.

The fire saw the Park close for 10 months while logging of approximately 600acres took place. The 26 tonne haul rope for the chairlift has been replaced along with all four zip lines. The existing trail network was destroyed and trail building has had to start again from scratch. A significant section of the park has been replanted already and over 80 staff are now employed within the Park.

“We’d like to thank the community for their ongoing support, it has got us through some dark days and we can’t wait to be open again and look forward to welcoming the public back to the Park again” says Newman.

The Christchurch Adventure Park officially opened on 16th December 2016 with New Zealand’s longest chairlift at 1.8km long and New Zealand’s longest and highest zip line. It was open for eight weeks before it was closed down due to the Port Hills Fires on February 13th. In the eight short weeks of operation over 50,000 visitors went through the doors with the café serving over 3 tonnes of fries and in two weeks sold 35 kegs of beer.

Trail Map:
https://www.facebook.com/ChristchurchPr ... =3&theater
24210080_1658696970858981_7764618388280722907_o.jpg

Open tracks are
1 Duncans Doughnuts
2 Active Rest
3 Non-compliant
7 Loess Rider
9 Choir Boy
11 Kama sutra
13 Uphill
14 Summit connection
15 Flying Nun
Melissa_Theuriau
"Vorb News Reader"
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Re: Christchurch Adventure Park Take Two - Trails And Hours

Postby swtchbckr on Tue 5th Dec 3:38pm

any knowledge whether 10 ride passes with a few rides left on them from pre-closing are gonna still be valid??
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby danose on Tue 5th Dec 4:02pm

swtchbckr wrote:any knowledge whether 10 ride passes with a few rides left on them from pre-closing are gonna still be valid??

they posted this on farcebook:

If you've got a CAP Pass that still has uplifts available or it has been extended then you'll need to pop into Guest Services the first time you come back to the Park to pick up a new card. Save some time and sign the new waiver online...this time we can store online waivers so you'll only have to sign it once a year! http://bit.ly/2kgKpzZ
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Wobbler on Tue 5th Dec 5:34pm

fyi in the waiver now is a section about needing to buy pass insurance if you want coverage for further incidents, no details as yet on what that costs etc. I'm assuming that's going to come once the passes are available (wonder why it wasnt rolled into the price?)
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby danose on Wed 6th Dec 1:34pm

Wobbler wrote:fyi in the waiver now is a section about needing to buy pass insurance if you want coverage for further incidents, no details as yet on what that costs etc. I'm assuming that's going to come once the passes are available (wonder why it wasnt rolled into the price?)

my guess is that the pass insurance wasn't built in because it will be costly enough (25% of the pass price?) that a LOT of people may choose to save the money and live with the risk
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Wobbler on Thu 7th Dec 7:45am

danose wrote:
Wobbler wrote:fyi in the waiver now is a section about needing to buy pass insurance if you want coverage for further incidents, no details as yet on what that costs etc. I'm assuming that's going to come once the passes are available (wonder why it wasnt rolled into the price?)

my guess is that the pass insurance wasn't built in because it will be costly enough (25% of the pass price?) that a LOT of people may choose to save the money and live with the risk

probs

no indication of the price on the website or conditions but I see they are selling passes now (I have nfi who would buy a pass at this point...)
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

News - Latest Posts