Re: Christchuch Hillclimb Laugh Fest.

Postby Ahad on Wed 14/Oct/09 7:03pm

Al_Bushman wrote:
:lol: LOL - I know what that feels like!!! I have one of Shihad's drumsticks from a concert I went to years ago sitting in my garage. I was moshing with the best of them and managed to catch it when the drummer biffed them into the pit at the end.

One of my favourite albums to ride hard up hills is Shihad's live album. Awesome!

yeah getting better with age(live) and they definately know how to work a crowd :D :paranoid:
Ahad
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby KingJackaL on Wed 14/Oct/09 8:42pm

Well I'm supposed to have a rest day this Sunday after Frost Buster, but that won't stop me at least coming out to say hi and match a few faces to names :).

Can always just hold it every Sunday and see who turns up? :p
KingJackaL
"Perfecting the art of insanity since 1982"
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby 84millsy on Thu 15/Oct/09 11:27am

Well it appears quite an even spread on the dates, so democracy on the internet is exactly like real life!

The list of folks unable to make it this weekend is growing..

Millsy
CHCHBob
Tony_11
XCGuy
Ahad
Al-Bushman

So if any of you that are still standing are keen to go, go for it. Post up if you heading up this weekend and I'm sure a couple others will tag along.

As for the walking wounded above, put in some submissions for ALTERNATIVE dates for riding i.e. not those tagged above, and we shall have another hack at this (labour weekend is coming up and so is Show day...)
84millsy
""As I enter my late twenties, the world should make marginally more sense, contain far more meaning and be slightly less depressing. I'm interested in the production of belief and, unable to reconcile myself to the notion I'll find fulfilment in 'career paths', prime time television or petty romance, I've chosen to believe in cycling" - Dr Ianto Ware"
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby mfw on Thu 15/Oct/09 1:43pm

I might flag it then since riders are dropping like flies :hmmm:

I was going to make the effort but evening time is bad for me as my 3 young kids turn from angels to devils at 5pm :satan:
I will still try and get a passout if someone can organise a day some other time, maybe kicking the process of with a calendar poll would be the way to go (i.e allow to select multiple options)
mfw
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby 84millsy on Mon 9/Nov/09 7:42pm

I don't know how to ad a calender jigga thingy mfw. The poll was an utter failure with an even spread :p

I'm still keen to get this going one weekend again. We have the festival rapidly approaching so it might be a good idea to go after to swap war stories.

Possibly head out early in the morning rather than evening.

Any suggestions welcome.
84millsy
""As I enter my late twenties, the world should make marginally more sense, contain far more meaning and be slightly less depressing. I'm interested in the production of belief and, unable to reconcile myself to the notion I'll find fulfilment in 'career paths', prime time television or petty romance, I've chosen to believe in cycling" - Dr Ianto Ware"
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby chchbob on Mon 9/Nov/09 7:52pm

Yeah mornings are much easier for me ... can sneak out before the wife wakes up ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
chchbob
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Postby Claude on Mon 9/Nov/09 8:49pm

Make it a Sunday morning and I (hopefully) will be in too Millsy. Another benefit too - heaps of Sunday cyclists out on their bling machines struggling up the hills are great targets to chase down too! :D
Claude
User avatarMedal
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts