Chch Riding Buds..

Postby darrencw on Thu 1/May/08 9:58pm

Hi there,

I'll be arriving in christhcurch this weekend for about a month or so and I'll prolly have some time off in the weekends to fill, and i hear chch has some faboulous trail offerings ! I ride xc mostly with a decent level of skill/fitness( i hope). I was wondering if any kind soul/souls would be free one of these weekends to show me around ? Short rides or entire weekend epics I'll be game. Found a nice outfit renting decent mountain bikes (cannondale rush) so i should be fulyl self sufficient in terms of equipment.

Thanks for viewing my long winded lonely hearts add ! *fingers crossed* :thumbsup:
darrencw
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby more_horse_link on Thu 1/May/08 10:39pm

Hey- throw a PM my way and myself and a few mates will happily show you around Port Hills etc on the weekends.

p.s. Don't forget your lights as we head out a few nights during the week if you you are into the dark arts :D :thumbsup:

Let me know.

Paul

www.mountainbikingnewzealand.co.nz
more_horse_link
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby darrencw on Fri 2/May/08 1:44am

hey thanks! Dropped ya a pm :)
darrencw

Postby landscaper on Sat 3/May/08 6:53am

I don't get out much at themoment so probably no help showing you around. I'm interested in where you are renting the bike from though - have mates that come over from Aus and don't really want to bring their bike with them.
landscaper
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby BrentD on Sat 3/May/08 7:39am

landscaper wrote: I don't get out much at themoment so probably no help showing you around. I'm interested in where you are renting the bike from though - have mates that come over from Aus and don't really want to bring their bike with them.

The hire place will be these guys:
http://www.bicyclerentals.co.nz/bikes_mtb.html#3
BrentD
"20 minutes into the future"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby darrencw on Sat 3/May/08 8:47pm

yup ! spot on. Anyway I've just arrived in christchurch and took a city tour. I don't know, maybe its because i'm a tropical person. But its absolutely freezing today ! Snow in the port hills too.

Hence my next question. What should you wear for trail riding in such weather ? I've currently got a base layer,long sleeved jersey, short sleeved jersey, arm warmers, baggies with a thicker liner and a water proof shell. Will prolly get leg warmers and maybe a skull cap tomorrow or something. Anything else I should be looking out for ?
darrencw

Postby darrencw on Sat 3/May/08 8:50pm

yup ! spot on. Anyway I've just arrived in christchurch and took a city tour. I don't know, maybe its because i'm a tropical person. But its absolutely freezing today ! Snow in the port hills too.

Hence my next question. What should you wear for trail riding in such weather ? I've currently got a base layer,long sleeved jersey, short sleeved jersey, arm warmers, baggies with a thicker liner and a water proof shell. Will prolly get leg warmers and maybe a skull cap tomorrow or something. Anything else I should be looking out for ?
darrencw

Postby more_horse_link on Sat 3/May/08 11:05pm

darrencw wrote: yup ! spot on. Anyway I've just arrived in christchurch and took a city tour. I don't know, maybe its because i'm a tropical person. But its absolutely freezing today ! Snow in the port hills too.

This is my first autumn too :D and wow! it is freezing. I'll be heading out for a night ride tomorrow as today was just to wet to ride at port hills.

Don't stress though- it will come good during the week. Infact i;ll be heading up Tuesday if your interested in joining me?

Coming from the tropics you must be feeling the cold!!!
more_horse_link
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby darrencw on Sat 3/May/08 11:16pm

Wow u sure do ride alot! Unfortunately I don't think i'll be able to do night rides because i didn't bring my lights along with me. Perhaps next weekend or the weekend after that ? AND..i'll need to settle some stuff next week and sort out my schedule before I can confirm anything as yet. Yargh..work stinks... PM you when everything settles down ?

Really looking forward to the rides !
darrencw

Canterbury | Cycling | Middle South Island | New Zealand | Regions - Latest Posts