Re: Chch Adventure Park Doubles Fees To $200 For 10 Runs

Postby matnz on Sun 12th Aug 2:54pm

Like the ski fields, they have a high fixed cost. The way to fund that is high prices, or large numbers. Hardcore Downhill cannot provide large enough numbers for low prices.

If you want the prices to be reasonable, they need to change marketing and fill the Greens and Blues to capacity. They need to be marketing themselves as "If you enjoy Bottle Lake or McKleans Island, this will be no harder, just more fun... Pack the kids and partner for a great day out"

The marketing that scares anyone without an expensive AM bike people away is not doing them any favours.
GETTING STARTED
Downhill mountain biking (DH) is a genre of mountain biking practiced on steep, rough terrain that often features jumps, drops, rock gardens and other obstacles.

Because many people read that as "Getting started, Come here and if you are lucky you won't die"

If we don't want these riders at the park, we will have to pay for it.
matnz
Member for: 3 years 7 months

Postby Wobbler on Mon 13th Aug 3:39pm

swtchbckr wrote:Watching with interest... I hadn't even been aware that the 10 ride passes had slipped to 3 months. The last one I bought fucking better not have, cos I've only used a couple of them... I'll be most peeved.
I'd be pretty reluctant to fork over 2hundy... And no way can I justify a hundred a month. It'd kill my bike and I don't have that much time for riding anyway!
I'll often consider riding in there but the network just doesn't appeal to me enough and I just go, nah, fuck it, go ride somewhere else.
In some respects, we were better off before they even started w the park. The original network, pre park was better than anything they've got now and it was built for free! (With hard graft by good cunzors).

March 29th it changed to 3months. I asked them why and got this back

Hey

We have listened to feedback and suggestions for products and pass types and we are now introducing the single uplift, family option and winter warrior pass. With introducing these, we have had to relook at other products and our overall pricing strategy and this is where we have come to.

Kind regards, Meghan

so now 5 months later they change it back, double the prices and pretend they are being heros
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby Dougal on Mon 13th Aug 3:52pm

matnz wrote:Because many people read that as "Getting started, Come here and if you are lucky you won't die"

Pre-fire that was accurate. Lots of ambulance rides. They had a green track that was meandering, wide and slow. The blue track down was steep and coming apart. If you crashed or had bike issues there was no way out. You had to walk down the same track.
The black track was a jump track.

I haven't been there post fire. The 7 runs remaining on my 10 pass ticket have expired apparently. That's $140 value now.
Dougal
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby AgrAde on Mon 13th Aug 6:01pm

The blue wasn't steep, it was just high speed and could get bucky. I know one part in particular was referred to by the staff as "concussion alley". I think AssPav may have been one of the victims ;) I almost was, had a pretty good moment on it.
AgrAde
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Dougal on Mon 13th Aug 6:30pm

AgrAde wrote:The blue wasn't steep, it was just high speed and could get bucky. I know one part in particular was referred to by the staff as "concussion alley". I think AssPav may have been one of the victims ;) I almost was, had a pretty good moment on it.

It was the corner berms which dropped on the inside to rubble and drains.

Below the skidder site of course. Plenty of better options at the top.
Dougal
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Mon 13th Aug 6:30pm

I thought it was Collarbone Way?
Saw one of them right in front of my eyes.
But yeah I think I was a victim when I went at Mach 10 into the bank for reasons unknown.
Maybe Dougal meant YYG?
Coz it was falling apart but not what I'd consider steep coming up from LotP.

Oh yeah, DOHC.
Yes, that was getting torn to hell.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby AgrAde on Mon 13th Aug 7:37pm

Dougal wrote:
AgrAde wrote:The blue wasn't steep, it was just high speed and could get bucky. I know one part in particular was referred to by the staff as "concussion alley". I think AssPav may have been one of the victims ;) I almost was, had a pretty good moment on it.

It was the corner berms which dropped on the inside to rubble and drains.

Below the skidder site of course. Plenty of better options at the top.

Ah yes. That's what happens when you give someone a very limited budget, a very limited timeframe, a tiny section of hillside and a limit on average gradient. And then send 90% of the riders in the park down it because you didn't think you'd need more than one intermediate trail. And then don't maintain it. And when you finally do decide to do some maintenance, you make your trail crew do it mid-afternoon on a Saturday. Just like that time that they decided that that was a good time to re-space all the chairs on the chairlift and fucked it up, and everyone was stuck on the lift for 45 minutes during peak time.
AgrAde
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Fri 17th Aug 4:39pm

CAP, on their Facebook wrote:Last week you heard from us about our new pricing structure that comes into effect from 29 September.

There was a lot in the announcement - a new annual membership option that lets you pay per month, half-price passes for youth, and great new discounts for students and seniors for a start.

But, there was one part of that announcement that people did not love, and that was the increase in price for the 10-uplift pass.

We have heard the feedback and we can see there is the need for a more affordable option for casual riders, so we are pleased to announce two new products:

5 Uplift Pass - The new 5 Uplift Pass will cost $75 for an Adult and $37.50 for Youth (17 and under) and be valid for three months. This will replace the 10 Uplift Pass and 3 Uplift Pass, and offers a discounted uplift option for riders who like to get up to the Park a few times a month but not often enough to justify a season or annual pass.

Chaperone Pass - This new pass will allow any adult accompanying a youth under the age of 13 to pay just half the usual price for a Day Pass (ie. $37.50 for a Chaperone Day Pass to accompany a youth under 13, who will also pay the new youth rate of $37.50 for the day).

The main driver behind our pricing changes is making the Park more accessible to a greater range of people, and we think these new products will only add to that. CAP is also undergoing some major work over the coming months to ensure we are the world-class facility that we always planned to be - so keep an eye out for improvements to our existing trails as well as some mean new trails. Don't forget our operating hours will increase to 9 am to 9 pm (and chairlift operating from 10am to 8pm) from 29 September, so you will have even more time to hit the trails and enjoy the Park.

For more information on these developments, please check out our website: https://bit.ly/2M9ywbc

Trying to meet us half-way?
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal

Postby Wobbler on Fri 17th Aug 5:56pm

The main driver behind our pricing changes is making the Park more accessible to a greater range of people, and we think these new products will only add to that.

why do they persist with this bullshit
hurdurr we made it cost more
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby swtchbckr on Fri 17th Aug 10:13pm

Three months is bullshit
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby Conners on Sat 18th Aug 10:31am

New pricing for the same thing is not a “product”
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sat 18th Aug 10:43am

But a 5 pass is not the same as a 10 pass.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal

Postby dwgknz on Mon 20th Aug 7:04am

CAP, on their Facebook wrote:The main driver behind our pricing changes is making the Park more accessible to a greater range of people, and we think these new products will only add to that.

Horseshit! If your main driver was making it accessible to everyone they'd make it free.

Their main driver is trying to pay for the adventure park and make a return for their shareholders. Call it what it is and people would be happier to pay, spin them bull and they'll just think you're money grubbing.
dwgknz
Member for: 5 years 9 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Mon 20th Aug 6:47pm

Is there an echo in the building?
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal

Postby dwgknz on Mon 20th Aug 11:18pm

Yeah, didn’t see his one....
dwgknz