Chainsaw Course. Who's Keen?

Postby White-Lightning on Sat 21/Nov/09 5:42pm

Hi Guys
I am looking at running a chainsaw course in the Wellington area on the 5/6th of December. This is being run by the National Trade Academy (NTA) and they are sending somebody up to us at a cost of 300 dollars all up. this means the more people we can get the cheaper it will be. Ideally we would get at least 10 people so the cost would only be 30 bucks per-person. At the moment there are only 3 confirmed people and we need at least 7 for the instructor to come up here so If anyone is interested can you please PM me asap as I need as many of you guys as possible to get a hold of me by Sunday night/monday morning.

The course covers the NZQA criteria of:

Demonstrate knowledge of the Code of practice relating to chainsaw use 6916

Operate a chainsaw 6917

so to all you high-school fellas this = easy credits.

I'm not sure on the age cut-off but Id imagine anybody 16 and up should be fine.

This course is perfect for people looking to do the trailbuilding courses that are being held by Jeff Carter and co.

The course will possibly be held in Pauatahanui with riding opportunities on the jumps/slalom track afterward :) . to see what the look like just check out the cable cam vid which can be found here:

cable-cam-jumps-t101909.html?hilit=cable%20cam

any questions please ask.
chur
White-Lightning
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Re: Chainsaw Course. Who's Keen?

Postby emildev on Sat 21/Nov/09 10:28pm

I would be if it was on another weekend. pm if the date changes
emildev
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Classifieds | Clubs | Cycling | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New User Introductions | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting | Tramping | Vorb | Wellington | Wellington MTB Club | Wellington Region - Latest Posts