Postby more_horse_link on Sun 4/Jan/09 9:48pm

zero customer service. never answer calls or emails. warranties can take months and cost lots of $$ for shipping to see *if it is a warranty*. customs may sting you too.

try burkes instead ;)
more_horse_link
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby danose on Sun 4/Jan/09 9:53pm

more_horse_link wrote: zero customer service. never answer calls or emails. warranties can take months and cost lots of $$ for shipping. customs may sting you too.

they must just hate you :p - the few times I've had to return goods it's been no hassles (once due to a set of raceface cranks with a 175mm drive and 170mm non-drive, once with a wrong hope part). A friend brought a tomac eli thru them and when it died (like they all did - crack-tastic) again zero hassles claiming on the warranty
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby more_horse_link on Sun 4/Jan/09 10:10pm

danose wrote:
more_horse_link wrote: zero customer service. never answer calls or emails. warranties can take months and cost lots of $$ for shipping. customs may sting you too.

they must just hate you :p - the few times I've had to return goods it's been no hassles (once due to a set of raceface cranks with a 175mm drive and 170mm non-drive, once with a wrong hope part). A friend brought a tomac eli thru them and when it died (like they all did - crack-tastic) again zero hassles claiming on the warranty

yeah but you still have to post it back aye ;) and *if* it is not deemed a warranty.. then what? yep... you have to ship it back..... roughly $160 for forks (considering the fluctuating $$ of course).. for example ;)

Lots of peeps have great experiences and lots have shit experiences with CRC. its a gamble.

just my 2c :thumbsup:
more_horse_link
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Nick_K on Sun 4/Jan/09 11:40pm

Ive ordered alot of stuff from them (probably 10+orders) and never had any problems.

There wheels in particular are excellant value however I would be hesitant about buying some things that are more likely to need warrenting (ie forks or any crankbrothers product) as the extra hassle and expense of sending them back would more than negate any saving.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby j0e90 on Mon 5/Jan/09 3:11pm

more_horse_link wrote:
danose wrote:

yeah but you still have to post it back aye ;) and *if* it is not deemed a warranty.. then what? yep... you have to ship it back..... roughly $160 for forks (considering the fluctuating $$ of course).. for example ;)

Lots of peeps have great experiences and lots have shit experiences with CRC. its a gamble.

just my 2c :thumbsup:

IMHO if you are worried about warranty / after sales support then buy local. If you buy a set of forks form a shop 20000 km s away then obviously yuo are taking a punt that all will be sweet...

Otherwise CRC can save you a lot of coin.
j0e90
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Re: Chain Reaction Cycles

Postby yakuza on Tue 27/Jan/09 12:26pm

What postage option do fellow vorbers recommend using?
yakuza
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby addicted on Tue 27/Jan/09 12:36pm

just a tip on trying to avoid the GST when your package goes thru customs, if you can contact the shop and get them to plaster the word "GIFT" all over it, then it should fly thru no worries.
addicted
"I Aint Sayin' Nuthin'"
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby 1scotty1 on Tue 27/Jan/09 1:12pm

addicted wrote:just a tip on trying to avoid the GST when your package goes thru customs, if you can contact the shop and get them to plaster the word "GIFT" all over it, then it should fly thru no worries.

Thanks for the tip. But youre wrong, gifts arent exempt GST
1scotty1
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby grahamt on Tue 27/Jan/09 1:21pm

yakuza wrote:What postage option do fellow vorbers recommend using?

Parcel Force - takes about a week. Sometimes less.
(Unless it gets intercepted for GST in which case add another few days for customs to write to you via snail mail. Last CRC order I had for a hope wheelset took longer to get from Auckland - ChCh due to customs delay than it took to get from UK to Auckland.)
grahamt

Postby grahamt on Tue 27/Jan/09 1:22pm

addicted wrote:just a tip on trying to avoid the GST when your package goes thru customs, if you can contact the shop and get them to plaster the word "GIFT" all over it, then it should fly thru no worries.

CRC won't do dodgy customs declarations. It's not worth the risk to their business - and as said above the GST is based on value (including shipping cost) - makes no difference that its a gift.
grahamt

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts