Central Auckland-dirt Jumps

Postby trails101 on Sat 12th May 10:53am

Hi guys.

Was thinking about building some dirt jumps south of the bridge near central auckland. At the moment its looking like the bottom end of appirana reserve will be a good spot. Leave some suggestions if you have a good spot idea and or location.

Looking for people willing to ride and build.
trails101
Member for: 1 week 3 days

Re: Central Auckland-dirt Jumps

Postby Nathan007 on Sat 12th May 5:09pm

Probably should check with the council first
Nathan007
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby wuffy on Wednesday 1:10pm

Or... You could ride one of the well maintained and fully legal jump/mtb parks NZ is littered with and keep reserves and locals happy.
wuffy
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby trails101 on Saturday 7:10pm

AUCKLAND has absolutely no dirt jumps out where I live. ill probably be doing some stuff out the way a bit but still quite central.

the closest legal dirt jumps for me is birkenhead 40 min drive.

I want something in riding distance.
trails101
Member for: 1 week 3 days

Postby wuffy on Sunday 1:36pm

Unless you have some private land, or some land with permission given by the owner/council, you'll find it very hard to build/maintain some legitimate jumps that are worth riding. Contact your local council, do some investigating and see if there's any unused land which could be transformed, then start the proceedings. If you just go into a random patch of reserve land thats owned by the council and start building stuff chances are you'll get fined and/or charged. Especially if its a wildlife reserve.
wuffy
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Auckland Region | BMX Riding | Cycling | Dirt Jumping (BMX) | New Zealand | Regions | Upper North Island - Latest Posts