I don't have one :eh:
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Re: Cellphones In Cars = Banned

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 13/Aug/09 7:57pm

:(
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby neels on Thu 13/Aug/09 8:53pm

Meh. Banning phones is just cheap political points scoring. Talking on a cellphone can't be any worse than drinking coffee, doing your hair, smoking, looking for cd's that have fallen on the floor, screaming kids in the back seat etc etc, and I can't see them banning any of them.

It would be good however if I wasn't almost run over by buses who's drivers are texting while turning into Colombo St, I do consider that to be reasonably dangerous.

Any motorcyclist with half a brain rides with their headlight on anyway so once again it's a law aimed at the terminally stupid.

And who really gives a shit what Clive Matthew Wilson thinks, they guy's a tosser.
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"

Postby nzmatto on Thu 13/Aug/09 9:13pm

So it's only going to be illegal to talk and send txt messages.....sweet...I can still surf the web, send emails, re-org my diary, and create playlists on my blackberry.....me thinks somethings missing. I guess the law will actually ban the use of the handheld device.
Personally I have mostly given up anyway. I have a hands free toy, but I haven't sorted the voice-dial commands right yet so I still have to look up contacts and stuff which is distracting. It would be fair to say I receive more calls than I make when on the road.
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby porschenut on Thu 13/Aug/09 9:28pm

Henry Dorset Case wrote:about motherfuckin' TIME Steven Joyce you asshole!

Also why is motorcycle registration $320/year when fucking car drivers kill motorcyclists? The fuck!!

I'm sure you ain't like this, but I have seen more cases of seriously stupid death wish motorbiking than I have driving. Had 4 motorbikes passing a car going round a corner up dyers the other day while 2 of us were cycling down in the opposite direction. There were 3 motorbikes alongside the car in the wrong lane when we went past (obviously not alongside each other though).

Man it was scary!!

Last trip to nelson, I saw bikies passing in congested traffic squeeing in passes in front of oncoming traffic. Some of the motor bike guys make us cyclists look responsible!
porschenut
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Wobbler on Thu 13/Aug/09 9:30pm

neels wrote:Meh. Banning phones is just cheap political points scoring. Talking on a cellphone can't be any worse than drinking coffee, doing your hair, smoking, looking for cd's that have fallen on the floor, screaming kids in the back seat etc etc, and I can't see them banning any of them.

It would be good however if I wasn't almost run over by buses who's drivers are texting while turning into Colombo St, I do consider that to be reasonably dangerous.

Any motorcyclist with half a brain rides with their headlight on anyway so once again it's a law aimed at the terminally stupid.

And who really gives a shit what Clive Matthew Wilson thinks, they guy's a tosser.

Awesome logic, other things are also distracting so we should just be able to do anything :rolleyes:
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby briiii on Thu 13/Aug/09 9:42pm

Whenever I'm texting while driving I usually slow down 5-10kms so I'm probably actually a safer driver HAHAHA

What about texting/calling while riding a bike... whatever will Shmoo do?
briiii
"I'm a bikesexual"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby wachtourak on Thu 13/Aug/09 9:46pm

briiii wrote:Whenever I'm texting while driving I usually slow down 5-10kms so I'm probably actually a safer driver HAHAHA

sure.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby Spokes on Thu 13/Aug/09 9:50pm

From what I have seen in the bus, some people are distracted by masturbation while driving. :crazy:
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby Wobbler on Thu 13/Aug/09 9:50pm

hey hey hush that fuss
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 13/Aug/09 9:51pm

briiii wrote:Whenever I'm texting while driving I usually slow down 5-10kms so I'm probably actually a safer driver HAHAHA

What about texting/calling while riding a bike... whatever will Shmoo do?

get a job as a pedly, you can perfect the ride bike, talk on phone, smoke a doob, use handheld computer and whistle at hotties technique, then texting and riding becomes second nature.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Postby neels on Thu 13/Aug/09 10:11pm

Wobbler wrote:
neels wrote:Meh. Banning phones is just cheap political points scoring. Talking on a cellphone can't be any worse than drinking coffee, doing your hair, smoking, looking for cd's that have fallen on the floor, screaming kids in the back seat etc etc, and I can't see them banning any of them.

Awesome logic

I thought so
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"

Postby j2hyde on Thu 13/Aug/09 11:04pm

Spokes wrote:From what I have seen in the bus, some people are distracted by masturbation while driving. :crazy:

Dunno about what you have "seen" but it's a good point. There is a stretch of road between Moranbah and Mackay in QLD that has the highest accident rate in Australia. Because travel to and from work is counted as work time under OSH legislation the companies in the area were compelled to investigate this problem. They thought they were going to find most of the accidents were fatigue related, but instead found 40% were due to distraction from the driver masturbating while driving. No shit. :blink:
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby znomit on Thu 13/Aug/09 11:44pm

So you can't answer your phone, and its on vibrate in your pocket....

j2hyde wrote: 40% were due to distraction from the driver masturbating while driving. No shit. :blink:
znomit
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Fri 14/Aug/09 3:16pm

Henry Dorset Case wrote:about motherfuckin' TIME Steven Joyce you asshole!

Also why is motorcycle registration $320/year when fucking car drivers kill motorcyclists? The fuck!!

:huh: What would Mr Rollins say?
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Cars | Motoring | Sifting | Technology - Latest Posts