Re: Cateye Moonride

Postby psychavoc on Mon 10/May/10 2:35pm

scatter wrote:
Team Balance Elite/CabinRacing (Me , Scott Thorne, Brendan Sharrett, and Dave Sharpe)

Cabin?

That looked to be a quote from a Cabin press-release cut-pasted into a larger news article? :eh:
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby scatter on Mon 10/May/10 2:35pm

nagem wrote:
To add a bit of light heartedness to what seemed a bit of a serious start, I busted out my beige skinsuit for the first lap, and managed to crack out the fastest lap of the day (maybe forced into it by potential embaressment?!)," admitted Leishman.

Would he really write about himself in the third person?

Perhaps he made a cock up :D
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby nagem on Mon 10/May/10 2:48pm

*shakes head*

That's terrible, terrible writing. :hmmm:

Whoever did it should get Lynskey on the job.
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby Focker on Mon 10/May/10 2:50pm

Oli wrote:Frishi is Swiss not French, and widely regarded as a clean rider. Not sure why you would slur him in that fashion, but good work on your ride Focker.
bluedogSS wrote:2nd that about Frischi, Oli.
One of the friendliest old-school pros on the circuit and very approachable. Can't remember where he finished in a very wet race in World in Les Gets back in 2004 but he did a big face-plant slide over the finish line to celebrate. Stood up covered in mud with a big grin on his face.
scatter wrote:
bluedogSS wrote:2nd that about Frischi, Oli.
One of the friendliest old-school pros on the circuit and very approachable. Can't remember where he finished in a very wet race in World in Les Gets back in 2004 but he did a big face-plant slide over the finish line to celebrate. Stood up covered in mud with a big grin on his face.

Methinks Focker is getting Frischi mixed up with Filip Meirhaeghe (gosh do I remember when that story broke!)

:eh: Me thinks not one of you read what I wrote correctly.....read it again :rolleyes:
Frishi is the original GOD of XC racing IMHO :love:

The french....or maybe Italian (could have that wrong) guy who admitted cheating was Jerome Chiotti, who Frishi was beaten by in Cairns....I am a fan of Frishi, I have his and his mothers autographs (she helped us paint our Swiss supporters flag properly at Vegas Worlds 2006 as well), I got on the lagers with him at the 2004 worlds in Let Gets after his awesome comeback in the mud after a flat tyre to get 3rd - yep he's a legend alright :thumbsup:
Meirhaeghe is a cheat too, but a hardcase all the same and another person who I've ended up having a few drinks with after his 2nd place at the Sydney olympics (how this happens I don't know...I'm not a stalker - promise! :blush: )
p.s I forget to thank my support crew for the 12 hour - Koob and Sask, good coffee, great food all day :)
Focker
"Watching you watching me..."
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Postby cruiser on Mon 10/May/10 2:53pm

nageM wrote: whoeva dids it shoulda gots Lynskey on da job

Can't use Lynskey - He only writes on Thursdays after student allowance allows him to buy a tinnie for creative juice production.

Cruiser could write one instead, cruiser would fill up the whole newspaper with one article.
cruiser
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby SlackBoy on Mon 10/May/10 3:09pm

I think the apostrophe police are onto you focker.
SlackBoy
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Cabin on Mon 10/May/10 3:13pm

nagem wrote:http://www.sportzhub.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9772&Itemid=1

Anyone know who wrote this?

Some of that on sportzhub is comment directly from me, describing our race as Team Balance Elite. Used by Sportzhub to try and put together a story on Moonride as soon as possible to get results out. It wasn't any official press release from Moonride organisers. So my info (about our race), combined with any knowledge that could be gleaned from the results.
Cabin
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby ryda on Mon 10/May/10 3:23pm

Cabin wrote:
nagem wrote:http://www.sportzhub.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9772&Itemid=1

Some of that on sportzhub is comment directly from me, describing our race as Team Balance Elite. Used by Sportzhub to try and put together a story on Moonride as soon as possible to get results out. It wasn't any official press release from Moonride organisers. So my info (about our race), combined with any knowledge that could be gleaned from the results.

Photo credits : Mark Leishman :hmmm:
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Muppet Patroler on Mon 10/May/10 3:25pm

Focker wrote:if I'd been beaten by a French drug cheat like Frishi was at the world champs, then that would be a different story :paranoid: He got his medal in the end though :thumbsup:

Yep good ole Frish shanks got that World champ medal and jersey, sadly years after the party though....at least Chocoti fessed up FTW, which a lot haven't.

Oli, scatter and Bluedog, like Beth said on once were warriors, "read it Jake, read it" :lol:
Muppet Patroler
"insane in the membrane, insane in the brain"
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Postby nagem on Mon 10/May/10 3:28pm

Cabin wrote:

So you didn't write the article and I have no need to slaughter you for the terrible, terrible way it was written? :D
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby Cabin on Mon 10/May/10 4:39pm

nagem wrote:
Cabin wrote:

So you didn't write the article and I have no need to slaughter you for the terrible, terrible way it was written? :D

No, don't hang me yet just yet
Cabin
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby hotshothendo on Mon 10/May/10 4:49pm

sounds like its cabin to me, what with him putting his name at the bottom!
hotshothendo
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby Oli on Mon 10/May/10 5:23pm

Sorry Focker! Reading fail. :blush:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby scatter on Mon 10/May/10 5:47pm

Oli wrote:Sorry Focker! Reading fail. :blush:

:withstupid:
scatter