Calendar Event: May 10, 2008

Postby ryda on Thu 15/May/08 3:03pm

psychavoc wrote: Given I only saw one camera my whole entire time out on course, I'm not liking my chances :(
there is good picture of someone on your team doing the hucks oi :paranoid:
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Thu 15/May/08 3:05pm

I rode past the camera on the 4wd track more than once... the look on my face says "not you again"!!! :blush: :lol:
Scaredy_Cat
""RIDER!!!" :-D"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby psychavoc on Thu 15/May/08 3:10pm

ryda wrote:
psychavoc wrote: Given I only saw one camera my whole entire time out on course, I'm not liking my chances :(

I have no idea where one could get their wheels off the ground on the 4wd section :blink: (which is probably why I'm just a timid XC rider :blush:)
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby ryda on Thu 15/May/08 3:14pm

psychavoc wrote:
ryda wrote:

I have no idea where one could get their wheels off the ground on the 4wd section :blink: (which is probably why I'm just a timid XC rider :blush:)

remember them bunnyhops you were practising :huh:
ryda
"WTF"

Postby psychavoc on Thu 15/May/08 3:15pm

I gave up on them! :lol:
psychavoc

Postby ThingOne on Thu 15/May/08 3:30pm

psychavoc wrote:
ryda wrote:

On the start of the last 4wd track downhill, by the steam vent thing with the fence, if you took the left hand track bit there was a little jump about 1/2 foot high, you could actually get quite a bit of air off it.

It broke the montoney..
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby VERT on Thu 15/May/08 4:46pm

ryda wrote: Fire road pics are up

http://www.supersportimages.com/

Edit have altered link

photos are pretty boring as usual*, though there is one of me getting air!! (I actually thought I was only pulling a wheelie)

*I cant understand how these photography companies always turn up to these events and find the most boring peice of track they can find "setup shop" and shoot off really boring photos, then expect to charge big bucks for them.
XC races aren't the easiest for getting exciting shots and with the Moonride being pretty flat it would have been difficult, but I can think of many more interesting places they could have been shooting photographs.
VERT
Member for: 16 years 11 months

Postby ThingOne on Thu 15/May/08 4:48pm

VERT wrote:

Edit have altered link

photos are pretty boring as usual*, though there is one of me getting air!! (I actually thought I was only pulling a wheelie)

*I cant understand how these photography companies always turn up to these events and find the most boring peice of track they can find "setup shop" and shoot off really boring photos, then expect to charge big bucks for them.
XC races aren't the easiest for getting exciting shots and with the Moonride being pretty flat it would have been difficult, but I can think of many more interesting places they could have been shooting photographs.

I thought that as well.. I saw them shooting photos of us on the Podium, wonder where I would find those.
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby VERT on Thu 15/May/08 4:50pm

ThingOne wrote:
VERT wrote:

Edit have altered link

I thought that as well.. I saw them shooting photos of us on the Podium, wonder where I would find those.

you have to pay extras $$$ for them :p
VERT
Member for: 16 years 11 months

Postby ThingOne on Thu 15/May/08 5:00pm

VERT wrote:
ThingOne wrote:
VERT wrote:

Edit have altered link

you have to pay extras $$$ for them :p

I did the Lance Armstrong hands in the air and everything...
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby slidecontrol on Thu 15/May/08 5:01pm

VERT wrote: photos are pretty boring as usual*,

I hear ya on that one :hmmm:

I wonder if we could convince the race directors to hire Wafe?
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby ryda on Thu 15/May/08 5:05pm

VERT wrote:

Edit have altered link

unfortunalty they go with the aim of getting a clear photo of everyone (but strangly enough the didn't manage that this time) so the pic the easiest place to achieve this :crazy:
ryda
"WTF"

Postby Click on Thu 15/May/08 5:28pm

VERT wrote:

Edit have altered link

Here's something more interesting but to be honest the track didn't lend itself to exciting photos with the event director (Muzz) dealing with heavy rain forecast and the average skill level of a big chunk of the riders :-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kemo_rotor ... 978484087/
Click
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby Datsane on Thu 15/May/08 9:14pm

To take photos in the forest in some of the more interesting parts would have taken abit of setting up and mucking about with remote flashes etc...
Also not good for someone in a darkish area to have a flash go off.

Then again they may have got some better pics of riders and people more willing to pay.

IMHO
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby psychavoc on Thu 15/May/08 9:19pm

*waits patiently to see if any more photos are going to pop up* :)
psychavoc

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Events | Mountain Biking | News - Latest Posts