Postby CaseyKing on Sun 11/Nov/07 5:50pm

Yeah man! Stay white (keep it in the family if you know what i mean!!) Ha, anyway, go single speed. less maintanence, although limited to either BMX or 4X, not both (the speed difference) unless you keep changing sprockets at different tracks. Teaches you to pedal harder and faster.
CaseyKing
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby whipit on Sun 11/Nov/07 6:44pm

NzO wrote: Yea should be good. I'll just transfer most of my gear from the Nzone over. So it'll be running my Pike's and all that, still gotta decide though if i wanna run single speed or a cassette. Might also look at getting some of those new white Funn bars and a white stem though. Just to complete the image :) Was also lookin at maybe new set of those white Revolution wheelsets from transition, but we'll see.

mean that will look pretty sick! haha casey's spoken . . . looks like singles the way to go. I just bough Nick old 05 haro x3 for $300 bucks. . . few hour's worth of work and its going again and runing pretty sweet at that. do you still have the mongoose?
whipit
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby leeman on Tue 13/Nov/07 5:23pm

Yeah go single speed like me :D
leeman
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby NzO on Tue 13/Nov/07 5:33pm

Yea the mongoose is still running full bore. Took it out for a thrash down the waiatahi the other day, it was awesome! Such a great feeling absolutely pinning it, drifting into corners and launching sections, yeehaa! :)

Haha, we should keep it white aye Casey. Rock on up on our mean steeds and show them how it's done (well, i'll just sit there talking the whole day, maybe pull a wheelie or two, and let you do all the riding :p)
Now something else I have to decide on is should I just run a rear brake with extra long cord (for barspins, tailwhips... yea right... and all that), or keep a full set of brakes? Hmmm....
Could always run the front brake line down through the headset?
NzO
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby leeman on Tue 13/Nov/07 8:08pm

NzO wrote: Yea the mongoose is still running full bore. Took it out for a thrash down the waiatahi the other day, it was awesome! Such a great feeling absolutely pinning it, drifting into corners and launching sections, yeehaa! :)

Haha, we should keep it white aye Casey. Rock on up on our mean steeds and show them how it's done (well, i'll just sit there talking the whole day, maybe pull a wheelie or two, and let you do all the riding :p)
Now something else I have to decide on is should I just run a rear brake with extra long cord (for barspins, tailwhips... yea right... and all that), or keep a full set of brakes? Hmmm....

Hey txt me next time you go for a ride up waiatahi ill give you a race hahahaha :lol: :lol:
leeman

Postby huffster on Tue 13/Nov/07 8:42pm

NzO wrote: Yea the mongoose is still running full bore. Took it out for a thrash down the waiatahi the other day, it was awesome! Such a great feeling absolutely pinning it, drifting into corners and launching sections, yeehaa! :)

You can run full brakes and gears and still do barspins etc if you know how to route the cable properly and you dont have to run the front hose through the steerer tube for it . . .
huffster
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby NzO on Tue 13/Nov/07 9:53pm

huffster wrote:You can run full brakes and gears and still do barspins etc if you know how to route the cable properly and you dont have to run the front hose through the steerer tube for it . . .

Yea, might do it and run slightly longer cables. Think probably gonna try single speed out for awhile as well, see how it goes. If it doesn't work i've always got the cassette there, and the bike's compatable, so it should be all good.
NzO

Postby NzO on Tue 13/Nov/07 9:54pm

leeman wrote: Hey txt me next time you go for a ride up waiatahi ill give you a race hahahaha :lol: :lol:

Haha will do. When exams are over for me i'm gonna be kaning the biking aye. Finish of my trails out the back of my place as well. Probably look at puttin in a new set of jumps aswellm so if you keen to do some diggin some time that's be mean.
NzO

Postby leeman on Wed 14/Nov/07 8:14am

NzO wrote:
leeman wrote: Hey txt me next time you go for a ride up waiatahi ill give you a race hahahaha :lol: :lol:

Haha will do. When exams are over for me i'm gonna be kaning the biking aye. Finish of my trails out the back of my place as well. Probably look at puttin in a new set of jumps aswellm so if you keen to do some diggin some time that's be mean.

Oh awesome ill help you dig. Yeah after the exams :(
leeman

Postby huffster on Wed 14/Nov/07 6:24pm

Hey Casey and you thames guys should come for a ride at our jumps in p-twn they're running pretty sweet !!
huffster

Postby NzO on Thu 15/Nov/07 10:42pm

huffster wrote: Hey Casey and you thames guys should come for a ride at our jumps in p-twn they're running pretty sweet !!

Sounds good. I'm all go for anytime after 5th December, no more exams and 3 months of holidays :D
NzO

Postby huffster on Fri 16/Nov/07 10:41am

NzO wrote:
huffster wrote: Hey Casey and you thames guys should come for a ride at our jumps in p-twn they're running pretty sweet !!

Sounds good. I'm all go for anytime after 5th December, no more exams and 3 months of holidays :D

Haha sweet :thumbsup:
huffster

Postby leeman on Wed 30/Jul/08 7:21pm

Hey Casey did your jumps get very damaged during the storms?
leeman

Postby NzO on Tue 16/Dec/08 10:30am

Just uploaded a few of the pics I took last week, so check 'em out!

LINK
NzO

Postby xcmtb on Tue 16/Dec/08 12:56pm

I'll be in the area from Friday till Christmas Eve, any idea when Casey is game for a visitor? I'd love to learn to jump.
xcmtb
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Coromandel | Cycling | Dirt Jumping (MTB) | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Thames | Upper North Island - Latest Posts