Carbon Bike Repairs Nz - Are They Still In Business?

Postby RHR_Rob on Mon 8/Aug/16 11:30am

http://www.carbonfibrebikerepair.co.nz/

Anyone know if these guys are still in business?
Sent a carbon wheel up a while now and despite a couple of emails and left phone messages no response.
Just wondering if my wheel has disappeared down a black hole.....
RHR_Rob
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Re: Carbon Bike Repairs Nz - Are They Still In Business?

Postby dwgknz on Mon 8/Aug/16 11:57am

Not sure if I'd be keen on getting back on that Scott on their homepage warranty or not!! :crazy:
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 9 months

Postby nagem on Mon 8/Aug/16 4:24pm

They sound like douchebags.

We'll get back to you when we feel like it,..... we're booked months in advance dahhhling.

I would have chosen someone who could be bothered to reply to emails and texts and perhaps been bothered to pick up the phone.
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby NzidaR on Mon 8/Aug/16 4:43pm

I'm inclined to agree with nagem, seems as though customer service is an afterthought in general for them.

That said, their Facebook page provides somewhat of an explanation....

CarbonBikeRepair on Facebook wrote:To Carbon Bike Repairs recent Customers: Earlier this year we made arrangements to move our Workshop and Home to be closer to our aging Parents, especially Jessica's Elderly Mother with dementia. We did this through May, with our new workshop being built over this period, Recently my own 78 year old Mother has suffered a debilitating stroke rendering her incapacitated, Please excuse me for not focusing on secular things in recent times. We have not been able to respond to the huge number of contacts we are having with the health or secular events. We are endeavoring to operate to an extremely paired back degree through this crisis knowing it will stabilize in one way or another - Regards Gavin
NzidaR
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Postby dwgknz on Mon 8/Aug/16 4:54pm

Probably not douchebags just appears they out of their depth as small business owners not being able to deal with demand and customer service at the best of times, let alone at a time of crisis.....

Sad that demand and success is the downfall of many small businesses.

So anyway, it appears there's a great business opportunity if you can repair carbon in NZ!!
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 9 months

Postby RHR_Rob on Mon 8/Aug/16 5:29pm

Well that's some comfort, I am not in a rush for my wheel just wanted to know it hadn't disappeared.
I guess he is pretty distracted at the mo but setting up an auto email reply and a note on the website would probably save him a lot of time and worried customer.
RHR_Rob
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Mon 8/Aug/16 5:43pm

RHR_Rob wrote:setting up an auto email reply and a note on the website.

Good idea, you could send him an email suggesting that.

HTH
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby happybaboon on Thu 11/Aug/16 10:20pm

dwgknz wrote:Not sure if I'd be keen on getting back on that Scott on their homepage warranty or not!! :crazy:

......Yeah nah....... that one's one to put on the wall and be all "hey yo look dis frame I snapped"... Not for repairing.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Bikes + Frames + Forks | Cycling | Frames - Latest Posts