Postby xcmtb on Wed 1/Oct/08 7:39pm

my neighbours...
xcmtb
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby Malcy on Wed 1/Oct/08 7:58pm

Conners wrote:
rachelr wrote:
Malcy wrote: The Lantis is a V6 isn't it? Maybe it's parts?

Am gutted to see the non-turbo legacy on the list still *sigh* Stupid insurnace

:eh: I've got a non-turbo 2L Legacy and I don't pay extra for it. I'm with AMI tho so maybe they have different lists of what's dodgy and what's not.

Malcy drives the elitist 2.5 litre non-turbo ;)

BP loves me!! Even if you don't. Plick.

:lol:

Ha ha ha ha ha.
Malcy
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby Malcy on Wed 1/Oct/08 8:02pm

What I did post at work, but it hasn't shown, musta missed Submit.

The Subby is expensive in insurance when it comes claim time. I went to make one when that cunzor backed into mine last year.

"250 excess sir, oh, wait, Subaru? Make that 500."
Malcy
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby pushbikerider on Wed 1/Oct/08 8:07pm

Malcy wrote: What I did post at work, but it hasn't shown, musta missed Submit.

The Subby is expensive in insurance when it comes claim time. I went to make one when that cunzor backed into mine last year.

Thats just about any car that is a "sports" or GT or similar, my '91 FXGT Toyota Corolla has a $500 excess, where if it was the plain flavoured version, it would be $250, and if I didn't have an alarm in it, state were going to give me a $1500 excess on theft :crazy:
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Jimmy_C on Wed 1/Oct/08 8:58pm

pushbikerider wrote:

Thats just about any car that is a "sports" or GT or similar, my '91 FXGT Toyota Corolla has a $500 excess, where if it was the plain flavoured version, it would be $250, and if I didn't have an alarm in it, state were going to give me a $1500 excess on theft :crazy:

Quit your whinging. I have a $1300 excess with a 5 star alarm, it parked up a driveway and in a pretty nice area.
Jimmy_C
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby neels on Wed 1/Oct/08 9:06pm

I remember when my Cortina was top of the most stolen list

*sigh*

many many years ago. :paranoid:
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby pushbikerider on Wed 1/Oct/08 9:17pm

Jimmy_C wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:

Quit your whinging. I have a $1300 excess with a 5 star alarm, it parked up a driveway and in a pretty nice area.

And you're how old??,

mines garaged, with a 5 star alarm, admitantly my insurace premiums rose when I moved to rotorua (but not the excess)
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."

Postby Jimmy_C on Wed 1/Oct/08 9:33pm

pushbikerider wrote:
Jimmy_C wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:

And you're how old??,

mines garaged, with a 5 star alarm, admitantly my insurace premiums rose when I moved to rotorua (but not the excess)

Im 18. You dont want to know what my premium is!
Jimmy_C

Postby Datsane on Wed 1/Oct/08 9:45pm

I hear/ am told that if you own a "premium" car without a loan/finance you get cheaper insurance.

Jimmy_C at a guess you drive a Vtec Honda, WRX, EVO, 2 dr RWD Nissan or dare I say Rota.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby pushbikerider on Wed 1/Oct/08 9:48pm

Datsane wrote: I hear/ am told that if you own a "premium" car without a loan/finance you get cheaper insurance.

Jimmy_C at a guess you drive a Vtec Honda, WRX, EVO, 2 dr RWD Nissan or dare I say Rota.

Mivec Lancer 4 door sedan I beleive for mr charlesworth ;)

doesn't surprise about the finance thing, odds on you'll look after it better if its your hard earned $$, not on te loan bro
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."

Postby Jimmy_C on Wed 1/Oct/08 9:57pm

pushbikerider wrote:
Datsane wrote: I hear/ am told that if you own a "premium" car without a loan/finance you get cheaper insurance.

doesn't surprise about the finance thing, odds on you'll look after it better if its your hard earned $$, not on te loan bro

Wow yea thanks pbr....
Mivec lancer fully owned by myself... only loan I have is $9g student loan
Jimmy_C

Postby Datsane on Wed 1/Oct/08 10:17pm

Jimmy_C wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:

Wow yea thanks pbr....
Mivec lancer fully owned by myself... only loan I have is $9g student loan
misti's take on Vtec atleast you didn't get suckered into buying an EVO :thumbsup:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby Mr_GTR on Wed 1/Oct/08 11:25pm

Yep, bad taste.
Mr_GTR
"Who, me?"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby xcmtb on Thu 2/Oct/08 7:39am

3rd party insurance, exclusive of fire and theft... cheapest way to be...

I'm 20 and my excess is around $300 I think

come to think of it, if my car was burnt or stolen from in my garage, I could probably claim it on my contents....

If I can manage that, then theft insurance will have an excess of $150...
xcmtb
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby Datsane on Thu 2/Oct/08 1:34pm

xcmtb wrote: 3rd party insurance, exclusive of fire and theft... cheapest way to be...

I'm 20 and my excess is around $300 I think

come to think of it, if my car was burnt or stolen from in my garage, I could probably claim it on my contents....

If I can manage that, then theft insurance will have an excess of $150...
Nope cars still a car. The stuff inside your car you can claim on contents though.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Cars | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts