Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby Spokes on Sun 14/Nov/10 5:09pm

Took a 99 nissan Maxima out this morning. Old guy had it from new, got all the service history. Motor nice and quiet. Shifts well. Only fault I could find is the heater fan only works on full. Could be the switch.

And it was dirtyish. It was just a somebodys car, not cleaned for sale. Then I found out why. Poor old fella just had knee replacement. I said I could come back another day for a test drive. But he insisted. I had to help him in and out of the car.
Then he said when we were out he wanted to get away from the wife for 10 mins. :lol:

Nice guy and genuine car. Think in going to take it.
Spokes
User avatar
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 14/Nov/10 5:25pm

Sounds like it could be a good one, coming from a commodore I'm sure you'll appreciate the bigger size / bigger engine of the maxima over a 2ltr car
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby slidecontrol on Sun 14/Nov/10 5:40pm

lengthen the injector pulse another millisec and just tune the NOS timer, you'll run nines. :thumbsup:
slidecontrol
User avatar
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 14/Nov/10 6:58pm

slidecontrol wrote:lengthen the injector pulse another millisec and just tune the NOS timer, you'll run nines. :thumbsup:


Don't forget the MOTEC System exhaust and the Recarro inter-cooler
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby slidecontrol on Sun 14/Nov/10 7:12pm

even then, it would never be as good as an SR20 powered honda :paranoid:
slidecontrol
User avatar
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby jeyboi on Sun 14/Nov/10 7:17pm

pushbikerider wrote:
slidecontrol wrote:lengthen the injector pulse another millisec and just tune the NOS timer, you'll run nines. :thumbsup:


Don't forget the MOTEC System exhaust and the Recarro inter-cooler


:D

Classic.
jeyboi
User avatar
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby Spokes on Mon 15/Nov/10 8:57pm

Ok, looks like im about to be the owner of a Maxima. So, I want to use my I pod in the car. It has the factory radio. Ive got a nice older sony head unit I could put in but it doesn't have the plug for the Ipod. Are the transmitters for Ipods any good our am I better to get a head unit with a plug?
Spokes
User avatar
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby Phippsy on Mon 15/Nov/10 9:08pm

head unit with an aux cord input 100 bux , not to hard to put in yourself too :thumbsup:
Phippsy
User avatar
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby pushbikerider on Mon 15/Nov/10 9:11pm

Transmitters suck IMHO, especially in Auckland, to much interference, I'd buy a new headunit

I've got one for the work car (a nice belkin one) and it isn't that great, plus sooooo many people have them, you will always get some one on your frequency interrupt your tunes
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby Spokes on Mon 15/Nov/10 9:28pm

pushbikerider wrote:Transmitters suck IMHO, especially in Auckland, to much interference, I'd buy a new headunit

I've got one for the work car (a nice belkin one) and it isn't that great, plus sooooo many people have them, you will always get some one on your frequency interrupt your tunes


Right that would annoy me. Headunit it is. For this do I need a flash one or would a $100 one be ok?
Spokes
User avatar
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby pushbikerider on Mon 15/Nov/10 9:36pm

Spokes wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:Transmitters suck IMHO, especially in Auckland, to much interference, I'd buy a new headunit

I've got one for the work car (a nice belkin one) and it isn't that great, plus sooooo many people have them, you will always get some one on your frequency interrupt your tunes


Right that would annoy me. Headunit it is. For this do I need a flash one or would a $100 one be ok?


I might spend more that $100, but you don't need to go crazy, check out JB lo-fi, parallel stolen, Super Chump, Ripco in no particular order
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby Spokes on Mon 15/Nov/10 9:45pm

pushbikerider wrote:
Spokes wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:Transmitters suck IMHO, especially in Auckland, to much interference, I'd buy a new headunit

I've got one for the work car (a nice belkin one) and it isn't that great, plus sooooo many people have them, you will always get some one on your frequency interrupt your tunes


Right that would annoy me. Headunit it is. For this do I need a flash one or would a $100 one be ok?


I might spend more that $100, but you don't need to go crazy, check out JB lo-fi, parallel stolen, Super Chump, Ripco in no particular order


I will start looking after I have the car, should be easy to fit. Ive got some older nice alpine speakers that should go in. They do the adaptors these days which makes it so much easier.

Anything I should look for in a headunit? I prefer a rotary volume knob.
Spokes
User avatar
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby nostromo on Mon 15/Nov/10 10:07pm

Good choice Spokes, that should be nice and reliable.
nostromo
User avatar
":-("
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby pushbikerider on Tue 16/Nov/10 6:49am

Spokes wrote:
I will start looking after I have the car, should be easy to fit. Ive got some older nice alpine speakers that should go in. They do the adaptors these days which makes it so much easier.

Anything I should look for in a headunit? I prefer a rotary volume knob.


yup adapters for both fitting the H/U into the car, and wiring loom adapters makes it easy. Buy something from a decent brand (I've had a really good run from Pioneer personally), but otherwise there really doesn't appear to be too many traps out there, just price up the cost of any leads needed to make the I-pod connect to the H/U
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby thelivo on Tue 16/Nov/10 7:17am

What the other guys said - don't go for a specific ipod one where the radio controls the ipod, the user interfaces are usually pretty kak. Just use a standard aux in with a 3.5mm jack on both ends. That then gives you flexibility if mates have non-apple ipods/ phones etc.
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Cars | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

48 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 45 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Torpedo7
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit