Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby blackadder63 on Fri 12/Nov/10 11:06pm

....cool, seems like you have some good information. Good luck. :thumbsup:
blackadder63
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby Spokes on Sat 13/Nov/10 6:58am

Out today to look at a few more. Think Primera is where im going. Seem to be ok size and reliable. The 97 on are better than the older ones. Would prefer a 2lt wagon but they are all cvt.

I will only be keeping it a couple of years then will get another Commodore.
Spokes
User avatar
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby UnimatrixZero on Sat 13/Nov/10 7:33am

We had a 2L '98 Primera for seven years. No problems at all except for typical WOF-type stuff. Had done 281,000kms when we traded it for our people mover :crazy: It was still purring like a kitten.

One thing... don't start it up, move it some place quickly, then turn it off straight away. They don't like that, and may have difficulty starting the next time you try. We got caught out by that once, and the AA guy told us it's something to do with that model Primera.

If we were quickly moving the car or something, we just remembered to let it run for 30secs or so before turning it off. Forgot to tell my Dad about this - it caught him out recently.
UnimatrixZero
User avatar
"He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave."
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby MattV on Sat 13/Nov/10 9:06am

I'm sort of in the same boat as you Spokes. Keen to get either a Primera wagon or a Caldina. The replacement cost for those CVT's is worth more than you price you paid for the car in most cases :crazy:


It's a hard road finding the perfect wagon.
MattV
User avatar
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby Spokes on Sat 13/Nov/10 9:12am

Im going to look at a Maxima this morning. 1998 one, seems nice and they dont seem to have that many faults. Would like a bit more room.
Spokes
User avatar
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby MattV on Sat 13/Nov/10 9:24am

Saw one of those passing a yard on the way home last night. Think they were wanting 3900 or something.


My cousin had a 1800cc legnum, he reckoned he only got 350km to a tank :rolleyes: :lol:
MattV
User avatar
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby Spokes on Sat 13/Nov/10 9:50am

MattV wrote:

My cousin had a 1800cc legnum, he reckoned he only got 350km to a tank :rolleyes: :lol:


Thats awfull, must have a fault. I got way more than that out of my 3.8 commodore in traffic.
Spokes
User avatar
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby Stumpy Ryder on Sat 13/Nov/10 2:10pm

ye get a nissan, or a mean as Honda vtec. Jw why not get another commodore?
mitsi are shit!!!!!! there v6 are the worst.
Stumpy Ryder
"Aint nothing much like ridin' trails"
Member for: 7 years 5 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby mx_mitch on Sun 14/Nov/10 12:42pm

MattV wrote:My cousin had a 1800cc legnum, he reckoned he only got 350km to a tank :rolleyes: :lol:


Mine does 550-600 on a full tank.
mx_mitch
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sun 14/Nov/10 12:49pm

Stumpy Ryder wrote:ye get a nissan, or a mean as Honda vtec. Jw why not get another commodore?
mitsi are shit!!!!!! there v6 are the worst.


Yeah, Merida are the Mitis of bikes :hmmm:
FLATULENTFRIEND
User avatar
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby MattV on Sun 14/Nov/10 2:22pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
Stumpy Ryder wrote:ye get a nissan, or a mean as Honda vtec. Jw why not get another commodore?
mitsi are shit!!!!!! there v6 are the worst.


Yeah, Merida are the Mitis of bikes :hmmm:



Ok, that came out of nowhere :blink:
MattV
User avatar
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby dented on Sun 14/Nov/10 4:06pm

Spokes wrote:Out today to look at a few more. Think Primera is where im going. Seem to be ok size and reliable. The 97 on are better than the older ones. Would prefer a 2lt wagon but they are all cvt.

I will only be keeping it a couple of years then will get another Commodore.

Get a Ford you girl.
dented
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby shmoodiver on Sun 14/Nov/10 4:10pm

:lol:
shmoodiver
User avatar
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby swtchbckr on Sun 14/Nov/10 4:34pm

a friend in the industry said never get an M car... so, Mercedes, Mazda, Mitsubishi, M-series bmmer, none are any good. get a toyota, or nissan. hyundais are getting better too.
swtchbckr
User avatar
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Re: Car Advise Please....

Postby Spokes on Sun 14/Nov/10 5:04pm

dented wrote:
Spokes wrote:Out today to look at a few more. Think Primera is where im going. Seem to be ok size and reliable. The 97 on are better than the older ones. Would prefer a 2lt wagon but they are all cvt.

I will only be keeping it a couple of years then will get another Commodore.

Get a Ford you girl.


:hmmm:

:butbut:

:lol:
Spokes
User avatar
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Cars | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

46 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 44 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles