Re: Canterbury Most Depressed Region

Postby Tama on Mon 8/Jun/09 8:43pm

nostromo wrote:Close the place down; the hookers, the boi racers, and the slack-jawed mongtards.
And convert the lot to Dairy, theres the ChCh problem solved.

To swampy for cows - what about otter farming? :eh:
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Wobbler on Mon 8/Jun/09 8:46pm

We are working on the hooker problem, we just keep running out of waterways.
Wobbler
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby nostromo on Mon 8/Jun/09 8:49pm

One of those readi lawn places. But its the people that make a place, so what do we do with all them?
nostromo
":-("
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby Oli on Mon 8/Jun/09 9:46pm

:lol:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Spokes on Mon 8/Jun/09 10:09pm

Trail wrote:
Thermo wrote:
slowMTB wrote:These days Doctors give out anti-depressant pills like they are candy.

Do you have some research you could show us that indicates this?

I have plenty of anecdotal evidence that agrees with SlowMTB. For most people there are other ways to manage it, but first port of call appears to be handing out pills.

Most mis-informed post I have seen on Vorb in a long time.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"

Postby DropKick on Mon 8/Jun/09 10:31pm

I cant wait till the day I can prescribe stuff. Its gonna be real funny when I start putting cyproterone in my mates drink bottle :thumbsup:
DropKick
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby istepinyards on Mon 8/Jun/09 11:06pm

Spokes wrote:
Trail wrote:
Thermo wrote:
slowMTB wrote:These days Doctors give out anti-depressant pills like they are candy.

I have plenty of anecdotal evidence that agrees with SlowMTB. For most people there are other ways to manage it, but first port of call appears to be handing out pills.

No Spokes, Trail is not mis-informed at all.
One of the biggest problems with Mental Health at the moment is how to get GP's in the loop so to speak. For a long time all the research and literature was about proscribing chemicals. Although the use of the word by Trail saying most people maybe a little off the mark.There are other ways to manage Mental Disorders. If used in conjunction with the right medication the amount of time someone is on the medication is greatly reduced.
If you would like research Thermo PM me your email address and I will fill your email with all the evidence you need.
BTW I am currently attending a National Forum on Mental Health and do a lot of work in this area.
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby Spokes on Tue 9/Jun/09 6:39am

istepinyards wrote:
Spokes wrote:
Trail wrote:
Thermo wrote:

No Spokes, Trail is not mis-informed at all.
One of the biggest problems with Mental Health at the moment is how to get GP's in the loop so to speak. For a long time all the research and literature was about proscribing chemicals. Although the use of the word by Trail saying most people maybe a little off the mark.There are other ways to manage Mental Disorders. If used in conjunction with the right medication the amount of time someone is on the medication is greatly reduced.
If you would like research Thermo PM me your email address and I will fill your email with all the evidence you need.
BTW I am currently attending a National Forum on Mental Health and do a lot of work in this area.

Its a topic im a little sensitive about. I bow to your superior knowledge on this. :blush: :)
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"

Canterbury | Health | Middle South Island | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting - Latest Posts