Re: Camera Recommendations Please. Small, Light + Good Photos?

Postby Trail on Fri 17/Apr/09 1:48pm

yeh, I aint that rich :(
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby RJD on Fri 17/Apr/09 2:10pm

A micro 43rds with a fast prime would be ideal for me but way to much and I dont want another set of lens's.
RJD
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby Thermo on Fri 17/Apr/09 3:46pm

thorg wrote:
pedalingkiwi wrote:I've been looking at the Canon ixus 860is - has a 28mm equiv lens which I like for general photog'y - they are now superceded, but still available at approx $450.
X2 for the Ixus, small and light, very good battery life, sport mode for fast stuff, manual as well if you like playing, view finder.

For point and shoot - I loves mine :)

We've got an IXUS 90IS which I have taken on a few rides. Dead simple to use and fast start-up. Good battery life and very fast recharge.

The "IS" Image Stabilisation kicks in when you go beyond the 3x optical zoom and into the digital zoom. It makes the zoomed photos very crisp and clear.

It also does video as shown here:
http://torrcinc.ning.com/video/kiwi-cres-2
Thermo
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Fri 17/Apr/09 6:30pm

:p Nice crash!
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Cruzzer on Fri 17/Apr/09 8:34pm

I've had a Panny TZ11 (or TZ4 for parallel import) for a while which I like. 28mm was the deal for me but 10x optical zoom is/was way more than anyone else, and 8.1mp more than enough (so didn't bother about the 10mp version). As per earlier posts I think there are versions with more mp's and HD. The lcd screen is good such that I don't miss a view finder too much. Battery life seems plenty good also.
Cruzzer
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Photography | Sifting - Latest Posts