This topic has not been added to any channels. This will make it hard for users to find. Type relevant channels into the Add Channel box to add them.

Calendar Event: December 16, 2006 - December 18, 2006

Calling Xc Riders In Rotorua

Postby xcmph on Tue 28/Nov/06 4:08pm

I'm planning a visit to your little part of mtb'ing heaven for the weekend of 15th-18th Dec.
At the mo I'm thinking of leaving Wgtn early Sat and going straight to Whirinaki and going to Whaka on Mon before coming home. My reasoning is Sat at Whaka would be ALOT busier than Mon. Would this be a fairly safe assumption?? Or.. does it not matter cause there's so much to do there??

Also, to make the most of my Monday is there anyone up there who knows the tracks and would be interested in joining me? And anyone keen on the Saturday ride would also be welcome to join me. Could probably fit 2 more and bikes in my wagon if you need a ride out there.
Sunday pretty much tied up but open to suggestions for Sat and Mon.... But not rude ones!!

This weekend has been a long time coming so want to make the most of it.

Cheers
Mike
xcmph
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Tama on Tue 28/Nov/06 4:15pm

Moved this out of "Not Bikes" ;)
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby xcmph on Tue 28/Nov/06 4:16pm

Roger that.. wasn't sure where to put it. Ta
xcmph

Postby techy on Tue 28/Nov/06 4:18pm

I heard the trails up there were crap :p

(quickly ducks for cover from people who do not appreciate baiting about their tracks)
techy
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby wgtngrl on Tue 28/Nov/06 4:25pm

techy wrote: I heard the trails up there were parc :p

(quickly ducks for cover from people who do not appreciate baiting about their tracks)

Silly thing to say really.
wgtngrl
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby techy on Tue 28/Nov/06 4:30pm

wgtngrl wrote:
techy wrote: I heard the trails up there were parc :p

Silly thing to say really.

True, but I was bored and have been amused to read in other old threads how fired up the Rotoruvians get when anyone says anything at all bad about their trails!! Just taking the mickey...
techy
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby Tama on Tue 28/Nov/06 4:42pm

xcmph wrote: Roger that.. wasn't sure where to put it. Ta

Whoops - I hadn't properly read your post - Better make it a vaguely organised ride :blush:
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby xcmph on Tue 28/Nov/06 4:49pm

Tama wrote:
xcmph wrote: Roger that.. wasn't sure where to put it. Ta

Whoops - I hadn't properly read your post - Better make it a vaguely organised ride :blush:

You're the boss.. I guess if you bounce it around a bit more then more people will see it. :D
xcmph

Postby mundi on Sun 3/Dec/06 5:32pm

Howdy,

It does get busy but not super busy. Definitly not busy enough to stay away from the place.

Will keep an eye on this thread as plans become more apparent. :)
mundi
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby xcmph on Tue 12/Dec/06 2:08pm

It's looking like Whirinaki on Saturday lunchtime-ish.
I can take 2 others out in my wagon or meet somewhere in Rotorua and have us a little convoy.
Whaka on Monday morning. So if your keen to join me and show me some tracks y'all are very welcome.
I'll check this during the week or txt/phone me on 021 1223337
xcmph

- Latest Posts