Re: Calling All Engineers

Postby Conners on Wed 23/Sep/09 7:25pm

Well it appears that I took out the members* choice award! Final pole* results had it at 75 votes to 63, so big thanks to all of you who voted :thumbsup:

In the same way that nobody was told they were actually in the finals, I still haven't actually heard anything officially though - but fingers crossed I should have a cheque for $500 heading my way, schweeeet.

And it's still all a bit vague as to whether the actual winners (as opposed to members* choice winner) have been/are being decided from the nine finalists in the members* choice, or if the top three have been held back from the public voting phase. Logic tells me they have been held back, 9 entries up for voting + 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall = 12 months for the calendar ;)

* hur hur etc
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby sifter on Wed 23/Sep/09 8:08pm

nice one :)
sifter
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Oli on Wed 23/Sep/09 8:21pm

Congratulations, Ben! Always nice to see a syslist win an award, even an ijunearing wun. :)
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Conners on Thu 24/Sep/09 11:56am

:lol: Cheers, Olo
Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby Conners on Mon 22/Aug/11 4:21pm

Bump for 2011 - it appears I've made the top 10 in the members* choice section of the IPENZ photo competition again, and there's a $500 cash prize up for grabs.

Voting is open now (only open to currently paid up members unfortunately). To vote members need to login to the IPENZ website and take part in the weekly poll.

I am now going to subliminally influence your decision by saying "Rail. Road." and showing you the image below.

IMG_7769_resized.JPG

Cheers in advance y'all :thumbsup:
*hur hur
Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby Simonius_Titius on Mon 22/Aug/11 5:52pm

I don't reckon that fence would really keep a train in.
And how come nobody has ever tried selling vortex-shedding strakes to roadies? They must be at least as effective as curved "shock absorbing" seat stays.
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby Nikolai_V on Wed 24/Aug/11 2:29pm

Hmm - seeing as there is $500 in it for you, whats another vote worth eh?

Just kidding - I`ll vote for you (even if you`re one of those soap dodging non-civil engineering type bods)
Nikolai_V
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Conners on Wed 24/Aug/11 3:48pm

Hahahha - cheers.
Although I think it may have been too late - looks like the voting has closed, and I came up three votes short...

So close but so far. Oh well. There is still the Overall Winner and Taste of Kiwi prizes up for grabs, I will hold my breath for a bit longer til they are announced.
Conners
"Seeing Double"

Photography | Sifting - Latest Posts