Re: Calling All 29er Riders - 29er Talk

Postby RugbySucks on Wed 23/May/12 3:59pm

Datsane wrote:
thekiwi wrote:
kaiteri wrote:Have been riding an Anthem X 29er (fully) for over a year now. Kept my Trance in the stable because I was initially a bit wary of the steeper head angle on the Anthem on the gnarlier descents. Now I've gotten used to it, it's my go-to bike.
For a fully, it's light and when locked out, climbs like a HT. Ideal bike for the all day epics.
Thought about getting some lighter wheels but, as the Giant rims can run tubeless, I'll just get the conversion kit.
i
Are those the p-xc2's?
Ive read that the best kit is the Bontrager Rhythm symmetrical strips, but haven't found any available in NZ yet.

Try a Trek stockist. If they cant get them they may have not made it to the country.

Has anyone else tried the Conti X-Kings? I got cornered by the rep a so got one to try. Running it on the rear in 2.2 with a Mountian king on the front. They Hook up really well and I like the feel (work well together bonus). It did squirm around some acouple of times, that could be down to me dropping to the pressure I'd have run before and a slow leak. Need a new tube and to try it some more.

Looks like Dr Fuentes on here has a few Conti 29er tyres for sale. Prob'ly be the one to ask ......

:)
RugbySucks
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby phunk on Wed 23/May/12 4:51pm

RugbySucks wrote:Interesting info on the SRAM site about their new 650B wheels and Forks.

Link? Search returns nothing.
phunk
Member for: 13 years 7 months

RugbySucks

Postby VERT on Mon 28/May/12 11:17am

I like maxxis high rollers but since i cant get these in 29" what is a similar 29" tire?
VERT
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby herbman on Mon 28/May/12 7:58pm

ardent
herbman
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Wed 22/Aug/12 9:10am

Interesting line-up from Giant for 2013 in NZ - 26" fullies are left to the 6" + travel brigade (Reign, Glory - not sure about Faith?), with the XTC, Anthem and Trance range all being 29er (inc Women's models). (source: oldnews.com, and Spoke)

I remember when the NZ disty asked dealers in 2009 whether they wanted any of the first gen (2010) XTC 29ers - a resounding "yes" from most, yet only a handful of bikes were imported, as the disty wasn't convinced about the 29er "concept". Haha.
Dr. Fuentes
Member for: 6 years 3 months

Postby RugbySucks on Wed 22/Aug/12 5:40pm

VERT wrote:I like maxxis high rollers but since i cant get these in 29" what is a similar 29" tire?

Nevegal is similar, but quite heavy. Just took a 29er folding Nevegal off, and weighed it out of curiosity. Tipped 780 grams.

As opposed to the Maxxis Ikon that went on, at 530 grams..
RugbySucks

Postby mark2c on Wed 22/Aug/12 9:01pm

Nobby Nic 2.35 in Snakeskin would be an option too.
mark2c
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts