Postby xcmph on Fri 2/Feb/07 10:04am

A pet peev.... If there's another job out there that allows it's staff to be wrong as often as a weather predictor, I don't know of it. What is the point of their job. Why have all that expensive equipment. If I made that many mistakes when I had a boss I'd have gotten my arse kicked, then gotten fired. If I was a weatherman I'd be embarassed to be that shit at my job.... (takes a breath) and screams. :angry: AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
xcmph
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby phunk on Fri 2/Feb/07 10:06am

Um, its not an exact science.

But it does make you wonder how they can claim to predict the global climate when local weather systems are so difficult.

* yes, I know that the weather, and climate, are two very different things...
phunk
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby xcmph on Fri 2/Feb/07 10:08am

phunk wrote: Um, its not an exact science.

But it does make you wonder how they can claim to predict the global climate when local weather systems are so difficult.

Yeah, these clowns are trying to tell us in Jan what the weather is going to be like in Feb, but they can't get tomorrows weather right...... :crazy:
xcmph
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby spg on Sat 3/Feb/07 2:57am

xcmph wrote:
phunk wrote: Um, its not an exact science.

Yeah, these clowns are trying to tell us in Jan what the weather is going to be like in Feb, but they can't get tomorrows weather right...... :crazy:

Becasuse it is easier to predict long term trends than local, daily ones. For a weather forecaster local knowledge plays a very important part in interpreting the data accurately

For an analogy, look how easy it is for people to predict that the Stock market will rise over a 5 year period compared to the difficulty in saying whether it will rise tomorrow ;)
spg
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Sifting - Latest Posts