Postby Jono on Mon 28/Jan/02 9:06am

well, I went out with the nice people from addiscombe today, and got well and truly broken. We went to leith hill, which is pretty cool, and basically rode around for 5 hours or so.

I managed to wow them by first riding an uphill that they thought was unrideable, and then riding a downhill called "widowmaker" (think the chute on deliverance, only 5 or 6 times as long, and filled with big sandstone boulders), with my seat up, without dabbing.

Leith hill rocks, and I'll definitely be heading back there....
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Tama on Mon 28/Jan/02 2:22pm

:thumbsup: Glad to hear you've found some decent riding  :thumbsup:
Does this mean you're not going to grow a little pot belly?

When Martin gets back from Australia you should look at hooking up with him - should be able to sort you out with some "superb" and "shocking" rides...  ;)
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"

Postby seamonkey on Tue 29/Jan/02 5:45am

Doh! The one weekend I decide to give cycling a skip, due to hiddeous weather and a girlfriend who is starting to wonder who the strager in the house is, and Jono finds the nirvana of cycling in London.  :angry:
Moral: Ride first, think later. :thumbsup:
seamonkey
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Jono on Tue 29/Jan/02 8:07am

Well, at the moment, the pot belly growing program is on hold. Fortunately, keeping my eating under control, and getting two rides a week is helping. Would probably be better if I could convince myself that going to the gym membership I've paid for would be fun, but I haven't managed to do that too often yet  ???

And yes, it was damned cool. It looked as if there was a ton of riding possibilities out there (we didn't even touch on the box hill "north shore" stuff mentioned in an earlier post), so I might head out with them again - they were a pretty good bunch of people, and went at a good pace (for a broken boy)  :sneaky:
Jono

Postby seamonkey on Wed 30/Jan/02 2:45am

next time I will be as the grommit and latch on with all appendages.   :p and then i will be happy. :D as for the whole gyn thing I'm trying to convince myself that going to the pool twice a week is a good idea. It is hard as the pool I go to is full of plonkers :hmmm: but they're all faster than me.  :paranoid:  that and my small brain has trouble keeping amused looking at the bottom of a pool for more than ten minutes. :eh:
seamonkey

Postby Tama on Wed 30/Jan/02 8:54am

And little kids pee into the pool :0 ...

And there's probably some old man checking out your little seamonkey butt  while you're doing laps :eh:
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"

Postby Jono on Wed 30/Jan/02 10:03am

Speaking of coming out on rides, viccles bought me some toffee pops, so I'll save them for the next ride we do...

;)
Jono

Postby seamonkey on Thu 31/Jan/02 5:31am

:love: your my freind Jono. I like you.
:p  :laugh:
Tama. You are sick, and you have no toffee pops for me so Iwill say no more to you. :p  :upsidedown: and who says only little kids pee in the pool ;)
seamonkey

Postby Jono on Thu 31/Jan/02 10:51am

Mr Monkey - you up for a nice ride in wales on sunday? 29 miles...real mountains...apparently it's even got views...ride on offer (in car) to get there if you're up for it....
Jono

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts