just look on trademe and in the buy sell forum and you should pick up on some
Mr_Sizzle
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby fox on Mon 1/Aug/05 6:19pm

shot
fox
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby eugene on Mon 1/Aug/05 6:25pm

dude has your foks got disc tabs? i remember your bike having low end rockshox which may not have the tabs needed.

go with hydros, there better in the long term, i see cable discs as a crappy compromise, there are only one or two decent cable disc systems around. the avid bb5's poassed the carpark test, not sure of longterm performance though.
eugene
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby squished_cat on Mon 1/Aug/05 6:27pm

eugene87 wrote:dude has your foks got disc tabs? i remember your bike having low end rockshox which may not have the tabs needed.

go with hydros, there better in the long term, i see cable discs as a crappy compromise, there are only one or two decent cable disc systems around. the avid bb5's poassed the carpark test, not sure of longterm performance though.

weren't they judys?
squished_cat
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby eugene on Mon 1/Aug/05 6:29pm

ah if there judy's you should be ok, i thought they may have been jett's, then you would have been screwed....
eugene

Postby fox on Mon 1/Aug/05 6:30pm

yeah crappy low end rocksox sounds like my bike yeah the can stick discs just ill probably stick to first buying new pads or nicking some of my other bike either way

i mite stick to v's as i dont have the cash to go andreplace 80 percent of my bike

can n e one recommend some awesome mechanicle v's
fox
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby eugene on Mon 1/Aug/05 6:31pm

waste of money dude, save up for discs, stick with the vee's abit longer.

oh and 'mechanical'. not 'mechanicalE'...
eugene

Postby Friendly Llama on Mon 1/Aug/05 6:35pm

What V's have you got?? I always thought V's are V's, don't make much odds, then I destroyed the tektro ones and got a decent shimano set for $20 second hand. Made a big difference. (Then I got Hayes mags... YUM!)
Friendly Llama
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts