Re: Bottle Cage Don't Need No Steenking Frame Mounts...

Postby znomit on Wed 18/Nov/15 8:44pm

Rik wrote:Image

That would be great for all those bottles I need for Taupo.
znomit
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Spokes on Wed 18/Nov/15 9:12pm

Swap for a BMX and a PSP?
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Sickman on Sat 5/Dec/15 3:29am

I highly recommend Elite VIP Bottle Cage Clamps which I have used on a couple of my carbon framed bikes to attach an extra bottle cage on for expedition adventure racing on the underside of the down tube. I see you can get them at T7 these days.
http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/EEBTPNNVP/title/elite-vip-bottlecage-clips?gclid=Cj0KEQiAkIWzBRDK1ayo-Yjt38wBEiQAi7NnP-hFk6wvpf3H3hattAxYgAVheMUtC8xyyZtyuVqJNvUaAvLm8P8HAQ

They are easy to use, reusable, cheap, look ok, light weight and I have never had any issues with them (they are solid mounts as my bottle cages do get a good beating). Also you can move the position of them as you like to perfect the bottle cage position for your needs.

I highly recommend the T7 Carbon cages as well as they are very solid. I amazed how well they hold bottles in even when positioned on the underside of the downtube which is probably worse angle to hold a bottle. I have been running these cages for a number of years and I am still to lose a bottle. I would never go back to aluminum cage.
http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/T7BTCN328/title/torpedo7-carbon-bottle-cage
Sickman
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Postby trancemaster on Sun 7/Feb/16 9:42pm

hi any advice on a good LBS to fit Rivnuts on a Tii frame in Akl ?

cheers
trancemaster
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Bottles + Cages | Cycling | Cycling Accessories - Latest Posts