Re: 92 Bossomworth Retrofit

Postby Simonius_Titius on Tue 16/Jul/13 9:36pm

boss_si wrote:...There is also the frame builders signature on it, bit hard to read the last name something like: B Ogbey . Anyone know how many frame builders there were?

Eddie and son Mike Bosomworth for a start. The business was taken over by Brian Ogilvy in the late 1980's.

I think Liam O'Brien was in about that part of the country, I don't know if he ever built for Bosomworth though.
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby boss_si on Tue 16/Jul/13 10:38pm

When did they shut up shop ?
boss_si
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Postby Mr_Bob on Tue 16/Jul/13 10:51pm

Simonius_Titius wrote:
boss_si wrote:...There is also the frame builders signature on it, bit hard to read the last name something like: B Ogbey . Anyone know how many frame builders there were?

Eddie and son Mike Bosomworth for a start. The business was taken over by Brian Ogilvy in the late 1980's.

I think Liam O'Brien was in about that part of the country, I don't know if he ever built for Bosomworth though.

Mike Bossomworth is the owner at avanti Plus in Rotorua, he may know more on your frame, or give you a name on who built it
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby boss_si on Tue 16/Jul/13 10:59pm

The signature and dates line up with it being a Brian Ogilvy built bike. Serial number is pretty hard to read.
I will take it into Mike someday when I get back to NZ.
Thanks
boss_si
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Cycling | Retro Bicycles | Road Cycling - Latest Posts