Re: Bmx Training

Postby Spokes on Wed 4/Nov/09 8:28pm

tartgrandmother wrote:i want anything i can practice on.

Ummm not 20" but we have cruiser "old farts" which im sure 20" would be more than welcome on

Im trying to cut a deal with the guy thats will make em to see if we can hire them out. Will start out as a stumpy but later on we will do em with lights and you will be able to do standard or random.

I may turn up on my 24 then, are they fast? Your club is close to my work now.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby tartgrandmother on Wed 4/Nov/09 8:43pm

Keep me posted with the happenings? could be a go go

ahh where abouts are you working? umm some are fast like RMC but some arent so quick
tartgrandmother
"Blowing cobwebs"
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby Horey_Kustoms on Wed 4/Nov/09 8:46pm

Yes, will try put up pics of it when I find the camera
Horey_Kustoms
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Spokes on Wed 4/Nov/09 8:49pm

tartgrandmother wrote:Keep me posted with the happenings? could be a go go

ahh where abouts are you working? umm some are fast like RMC but some arent so quick

Does RMC race there? Im kinda mid old fartish.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"

Postby tartgrandmother on Wed 4/Nov/09 8:51pm

yeaa usually does. his new Home track :) .. i would hop in your gate and race you for the lolz
tartgrandmother
"Blowing cobwebs"

Postby Spokes on Wed 4/Nov/09 8:58pm

tartgrandmother wrote:yeaa usually does. his new Home track :) .. i would hop in your gate and race you for the lolz

You would probably be able to do 2 laps to my one..... :blush:
Spokes

Postby tartgrandmother on Wed 4/Nov/09 8:59pm

doubt that very much so. I only laid a mere 44.22sec
tartgrandmother
"Blowing cobwebs"

Postby Spokes on Wed 4/Nov/09 9:02pm

I raced with the 15/16s at our club a while back and got dusted, one of the little buggers buzzed my peak with his back wheel......
Spokes

Postby tartgrandmother on Wed 4/Nov/09 9:06pm

thats always a good laugh
tartgrandmother
"Blowing cobwebs"

Postby tartgrandmother on Tue 10/Nov/09 10:02am

plyometrics. whats the happenings with them?
tartgrandmother
"Blowing cobwebs"

Postby Fergie on Tue 10/Nov/09 10:22am

Stretch shortening cycle. Layman's terms you are training the message from the Nervous System to the muscles to go faster.

Question is will teaching one message to go faster make you better at performing in another skill. In road and track cycling there is no rapid transfer from a negative loading (landing without flopping on the ground) to a positive loading (launching off the ground) so I don't recommend them. However for DH and BMX you are landing all the time and after landing need to apply the power back to the pedals as fast as possible so there is a good case for Plyos. But maybe you just need to do more on the BMX track. But this may not provide an adequate level of overload to stimulate training adaptations (ie you need to train enough to get better but not so much you can't train for days).

Summary is: it depends.
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 11 years 6 months

BMX Racing | BMX Riding | Cycling - Latest Posts