Blur Lt Carbon

Postby Simpleone on Thu 23/Jul/09 4:58pm

Last week in the box from Santa Cruz was the bike we had been waiting for, the LT Carbon, and a Driver 8.  So now a week later and a lot of rides, as for once the Port Hills are open for business, what we think!  The only difference from the alloy LT model is the material, weight and stiffness………..yeah right!

Immediately rolling along the road you notice the smoothness of the carbon frame.  There is no “buzz” from the tyres through the frame.  On the climb the extra stiffness is perceivable, and the weight helps too!  on the singletrack the bike just wants to go, descending is sure footed and dampening property of the carbon makes you feel like the trail is smooth, it is a very quiet bike to ride.   The new 2010 RP23 is also a big improvement on the previous version and feels a lot more active, we felt the old one was a bit sluggish.  All up bike weighs 29lbs with a coil fork @140mm, XT based build.  Overall a great bike, but what would you expect, now I’m waiting for a carbon Nomad, pleeeease……

LT Carbon

Also now we have had some good rides on the Iodine wheels.  While a little heavier than the SX Crossmax, they feel stiff to ride and climb on.  Build quality looks good and so far no issues, and if orange isn’t your thing they will soon be available in grey/silver/

Iodine Hubs

Bike is available for demo, if you want to see how fast, light and stiff an 5″ travel trail bike can be!

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Link to original article: http://basicbikes.wordpress.com/2009/07 ... lt-carbon/
Sourced from RSS Feed: http://basicbikes.wordpress.com/feed/
Original Published: 4:57pm Thursday, 23rd July 2009 - NZST
Simpleone
"“Size does matter!”"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Re: Blur Lt Carbon

Postby onyabike on Thu 23/Jul/09 7:03pm

Simpleone wrote:Bike is available for demo, if you want to see how fast, light and stiff an 5″ travel trail bike can be!

Hows the price on one of those?
onyabike
"logging capital of nz"
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby Simpleone on Thu 23/Jul/09 7:48pm

Simpleone
"“Size does matter!”"

Postby pushbikerider on Thu 23/Jul/09 7:51pm

Looks like a nice ride, shame about the aesthetic of the wheels
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby Monolith on Thu 23/Jul/09 7:53pm

Those wheels are heinous. Not to worry, I'm sure (like most CB products) they won't last long. :)
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby Simpleone on Thu 23/Jul/09 8:06pm

Monolith wrote:Those wheels are heinous. Not to worry, I'm sure (like most CB products) they won't last long. :)

I'd agree on the colour and some CB's product not being good but we have had these a while and they actually ride well, the hubs are like an I Nine copy and so far have been trouble free. We were sent them as we were very sceptical too, and we have given them a bit of a thrashing, like all products we have, we try them first. Still prefer I Nine or the new SX's though.
Simpleone
"“Size does matter!”"

Postby Nick_K on Thu 23/Jul/09 8:41pm

Monolith wrote:Those wheels are heinous. Not to worry, I'm sure (like most CB products) they won't last long. :)

lol. Just don't take it out in thte rain and they might last a month.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby j2hyde on Thu 23/Jul/09 9:24pm

I like it. If it wasn't so pricey I might consider upgrading to one from my nomad, since my current build kit would be a perfect match for it. But at $5K a pop that might never happen :huh:
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby Simpleone on Thu 23/Jul/09 10:34pm

Nick_K wrote:

lol. Just don't take it out in thte rain and they might last a month.

oh' come on they've lasted longer than that already, and besides the rain subdued the orange
Simpleone
"“Size does matter!”"

Postby orangecruz on Fri 24/Jul/09 11:51am

i might have to get over my obsession of having to have a bottle cage .. not sure I can though
orangecruz
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby ThingOne on Fri 24/Jul/09 12:14pm

orangecruz wrote:i might have to get over my obsession of having to have a bottle cage .. not sure I can though

NO dont... Camelbak in XC race = fail....
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby ryda on Fri 24/Jul/09 12:17pm

ThingOne wrote:
orangecruz wrote:i might have to get over my obsession of having to have a bottle cage .. not sure I can though

just make sure you finish within 1 1/2 hrs no drinking required during the race
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby Scotty on Fri 24/Jul/09 2:50pm

Ah, but if she had the choice, would she run it? :sly:

ryda wrote:
ThingOne wrote:

just make sure you finish within 1 1/2 hrs no drinking required during the race

Which is a big problem with those small Jamis piggahs as well eh? :sly:

People who are dwarves and want to run dual suspension just have to get used to wearing camelbaks... or grow a foot or two. I know because I spent a fair bit of timeworking onan alternative for C. :blink:
Scotty
Member for: 17 years 6 months

jo
"Windy"
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby Simpleone on Fri 24/Jul/09 3:33pm

jo wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1175391/Stretch-Australian-politician-legs-broken-make-taller--going-5ft-5ft3in.html
:huh:

Yeah and I heard she rides and LT Carbon too! :lol:
Simpleone
"“Size does matter!”"

Basic Bikes Blog | Canterbury | Christchurch | Cycling | Middle South Island | New Zealand | Regions | Vogs - Latest Posts