Re: Blur Lt Carbon

Postby ryda on Fri 24/Jul/09 3:37pm

Simpleone wrote:
jo wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1175391/Stretch-Australian-politician-legs-broken-make-taller--going-5ft-5ft3in.html
:huh:

Yeah and I heard she rides and LT Carbon too! :lol:

the LT in her case stands for Long seat Tube
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby Simpleone on Fri 24/Jul/09 3:39pm

Maybee she bought her bike from her LBS (legs broken severall times) :blink:
Simpleone
"“Size does matter!”"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Monolith on Fri 24/Jul/09 9:34pm

Funny you compare SC to Ferrari. Aren't Santa Cruz made in the same factory as Giants?
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby XCrazy on Fri 24/Jul/09 9:35pm

:baaa:
XCrazy
"WWJD...... What Would Jens Do?"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby SlackBoy on Fri 24/Jul/09 9:40pm

Count_Stylie wrote:Don't get the Blur LT carbon mixed up with the Blur XC carbon.

Blur LT carbon (and stardard LT2) have NO bottle cage mounts - trail bike.
New Blur XC carbon have bottle cage mounts on the top and bottom of the down-tube. - XC race bike
http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/blurxc ... geometry=1

The stand-over height of the new Blur XC carbon is now a fraction higher than the old alloy Blur XC, this is to allow for a bottle cage.

Life is just one big compromise, last XC's went all the way down to XS (like a Juliana small), so plenty of stand over height for the vertically challanged, but you just couldn't get a drink bottle inside the front triangle.

New carbon Blur XC (a XC race bike, mostly) you can fit a bottle in the front triangle - horray everyone is happy again!
Well until next week.

Now if Ferrari could just get the cup holder in their cars, you can drive around with that mocha-frappochino (skim milk please) and still talk on the phone.
Oh you know what I'm gonna say. Bottle cage on on the Frikkin LT.
SlackBoy
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby bigJIMMY on Fri 24/Jul/09 9:55pm

Monolith wrote:Funny you compare SC to Ferrari. Aren't Santa Cruz made in the same factory as Giants?

Mmmmm, so why is the chameleon so expensive? so are you saying they are not boutique at all, just another overpriced mass produced brand?
Last edited by bigJIMMY on Fri 24/Jul/09 10:24pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigJIMMY
"DID SOMEONE SAY ICE CREAM! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Monolith on Fri 24/Jul/09 10:15pm

bigJIMMY wrote:
Monolith wrote:Funny you compare SC to Ferrari. Aren't Santa Cruz made in the same factory as Giants?

Mmmmm, so why does the chameleon so expensive? so are you saying they are not boutique at all, just another overpriced mass produced brand?

I wouldn't say such a thing.
Monolith

Postby Conners on Fri 24/Jul/09 10:51pm

Wow - I didn't realise that. Santa Cruz just went up a couple of notches in my opinion then :lol:

I :love:'s my Giant....
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby porschenut on Fri 24/Jul/09 11:00pm

a million bike brands are made in the giant factory aren't they? Who cares anyway, if SC make well designed bikes with good quality control (which I personally believe is the case) then where they are made is irrelevant.

Of the taiwanese factories the giant factory is one of the best anyway.
porschenut
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Monolith on Fri 24/Jul/09 11:28pm

Sure... Giant, Merida, Jamis, etc... all just fine IMO. :thumbsup:

I just found it funny that somehow there are Ferraris and Hyundais coming out of the same factory.
Monolith

Postby DaveAldred on Sat 25/Jul/09 6:26am

I don't know too much about this sort of thing - but being made in the same factory, surely they are subject to the same fatigue testing and batch control, as well as manufactured using the same technology.

I read somewhere that pretty much al the main lie brands are made by Giant or Merida. Stands to reason that those to manufacturing brands are at least as good as the supposedly boutique brands they also make.

Might be worthy of a thread on its own. I bet there are fountains of knowledge who could fill us in on the manufacturers of all the major brands.

But more on topic, Tim was riding his Blur carbon ( I think) on Sunday and it looked great.
DaveAldred
"Bushlove - Strictly Sifting"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Scotty on Sat 25/Jul/09 8:19am

Monolith wrote:Sure... Giant, Merida, Jamis, etc... all just fine IMO. :thumbsup:

I still think there's a bit of a difference between companies that design their own kit to the b-brands that buy most of their high-end stuff off-the-peg from the asian manufacturers.

I'd put Jamis in the latter. :lol:
Scotty
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby Simpleone on Sat 25/Jul/09 9:29am

Scotty wrote:
Monolith wrote:Sure... Giant, Merida, Jamis, etc... all just fine IMO. :thumbsup:

I still think there's a bit of a difference between companies that design their own kit to the b-brands that buy most of their high-end stuff off-the-peg from the asian manufacturers.

I'd put Jamis in the latter. :lol:

Exactly, while Alloy SC's may be made in the same factory the difference is SC go to the factory and say build this bike with tubes of this spec, to this standard, thanks. Production bikes are done to a different remit, build a bike to a price, with this spec, thanks. See the difference? Which is why many diffenret brands have similar dropouts, rear stays, frame components, etc.

Its all in the ride "if you don't get it, you won't get it"! If I got the same ride quality, feel from a Giant or Gt or any other for that matter I'd be on it! :butbut:
Simpleone
"“Size does matter!”"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Scotty on Sat 25/Jul/09 9:39am

Thing is, using that logic the Giant/Meridas/Dorels of this world should be able to blow companies like SC out of the water because they have complete control and the numbers to do it all themselves.

I know why they don't, but meh... if you like the way your bike works, ride it. :)
Scotty
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby wachtourak on Sat 25/Jul/09 10:11am

pushbikerider wrote:Looks like a nice ride, shame about the aesthetic of the wheels

I like the wheels :paranoid:
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Basic Bikes Blog | Canterbury | Christchurch | Cycling | Middle South Island | New Zealand | Regions | Vogs - Latest Posts