Postby jeremycox on Sun 6/Mar/05 11:41pm

the only thing i can do
jeremycox
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby Stun on Mon 7/Mar/05 8:57am

Why does everyone take video's / photos of them doing the 15 / B-Line / 40 etc.
Why not tech sections of track like Rardi Garden or the rock garden of Nat's.?
Everyone is hitting the same bits - it's time to see some real riding, not BMX jumps!

(Stir stir stir)
Stun
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby ChrisWiss on Mon 7/Mar/05 10:54am

Cause they watch too many vids? Who knows, kids today blah blah blah. Did Rardi Gardens for the first time yesterday (I thought it was rata oh well). Wow it's umm intense, especially with all the dry leaves on it, would do well to have a few folks ride it to clean it up a bit. Definatly be doing it again.

Chris
ChrisWiss
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby Stun on Mon 7/Mar/05 11:08am

It's in need of some track loving...
The bottom section is full of over grown, bar grabbing plants!
The top part was fine... I jut rode it in a fairly sketchy manner too!
Stun

Postby ChrisWiss on Mon 7/Mar/05 11:14am

Yea the top rock garden was fine. The guy in front sort of weaved in and out, where as I took a pretty direct line. It always feels easier to me to go straight through stuff like that, turngin just seems to cause issues. The bit after the 4wd track was pretty overgrown, but the pretty XC girls seemed impressed by us coming down the wall ride in front of them :D
ChrisWiss

Postby Stun on Mon 7/Mar/05 11:19am

ChrisWiss wrote:Yea the top rock garden was fine. The guy in front sort of weaved in and out, where as I took a pretty direct line. It always feels easier to me to go straight through stuff like that, turngin just seems to cause issues. The bit after the 4wd track was pretty overgrown, but the pretty XC girls seemed impressed by us coming down the wall ride in front of them :D

Taking the turns down the top section is waaaay more fun for me.
Ther's heaps more skill involved IMHO - especially when you need to turn on the leaves!
There was a branch at the bottom of the 3.5 foot drop on section #2.
Not so good :crazy:
But I didn't crash yesterday - so all is well.
Stun

Postby ChrisWiss on Mon 7/Mar/05 1:18pm

The switchbacks? For sure, I just meant through the rocky bit at the top, like the first 30 metre's or so.
ChrisWiss

Canterbury | Cycling | Middle South Island | New Zealand | Regions - Latest Posts