Do bikes come/live in your house or are they relegated to the garage/outside

Hell yeah - I've even got a space reserved for each one
75%
Hell no - Dirty greasy horrible things get them out, get them out now
25%

Total voters : 32

Bikes In The House?

Postby Rik on Thu 3/Sep/15 9:38am

I don't live with a grown up to tell me otherwise, but are bikes allowed in the house?
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Re: Bikes In The House?

Postby EoinC on Thu 3/Sep/15 9:44am

Is there another way? Children may be relegated to the garage/outside, but surely not man's 2nd best friend.
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Postby dwgknz on Thu 3/Sep/15 9:47am

Apparently not at my house, but I was never given a vote and nor have I ever tried. Internal garage has sorted that issue.

But then again the dog is barely allowed in the house.
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 9 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Thu 3/Sep/15 9:59am

Lounge closest to front door has 2x communters, Shed/Lounge/Drying Room has approx 3.8 MTBs.
Outside is rusty and sad.
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Barbsarama on Thu 3/Sep/15 10:33am

Only when doing things to them, like updating bar tape or changing flatties.
Sometimes if I'm going to do a trainer session, though I usually do that outside on the veranda.
Barbsarama
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Postby rachelr on Thu 3/Sep/15 10:40am

In Dunedin, I had hooks up inside the foyer for the bikes since I didn't have a garage or shed at the front of the property plus it's more secure. Now in Christchurch I've got a garage right at the front door so the bikes live in there.

But I might not be the right person to ask, bike gets washed in the shower (cos it's a wet area that is ideal for cleaning so why make a mess outside where it's cold?).
rachelr
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby dwgknz on Thu 3/Sep/15 10:49am

Parts in dishwasher? Never tried it myself - brother in law did motorbike parts once before getting caught.
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 9 months

Postby Sims on Thu 3/Sep/15 11:05am

Roadie lives in the lounge because it's used everyday. Other bikes live in my man shed. Because I have a man shed.
Sims
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby swtchbckr on Thu 3/Sep/15 11:09am

Used to be. Several in the hallway, but the kaibosh has been put on it and now the everyday townie (Troll) is just outside the front door. Went to mount a front wheel hook so it could hang, but couldnt find a stud, so it's parked, and locked each day. (out of the rain). All the rest of them are out in the garage. Cars have no access to the garage, in there is heaps of shit, plus 2 (currently) non-working Moto Guzzis, and all the bicycles... around 8 or 10... :hmmm:
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby AgrAde on Thu 3/Sep/15 11:18am

I have a connected garage, which is 50% carpeted and has an armchair. So it's pretty much inside :)
AgrAde
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby Trail on Thu 3/Sep/15 1:38pm

Yup. No garage or porch currently so they live inside - with all the renovation tools :hmmm:
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby wolffman1 on Thu 3/Sep/15 4:08pm

Only if I wanted to get my own place. Putting them in the man cave is cheaper than a divorce
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby wgtngrl on Thu 3/Sep/15 4:38pm

Our garage is as good as inside (including carpet - specifically for it, not off-cuts) and the fit out was designed around the bikes. Separate sheds for garden, power and various other non-bike related tools so option 1 is more correct than 2 for me (including reserved spots) but generally speaking, at this stage of my life I would say no to having them in the house except when they're brand new and get to spend their first night inside if the owner wants.
wgtngrl
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Slim on Thu 3/Sep/15 4:45pm

it's a free for all at our place. Mostly they live in the garage now, except the odd time after riding home from the pub.

at the old place we had bike hooks on the wall above the bath to hang dirty stuff..........
Slim
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby slowMTB on Thu 3/Sep/15 5:31pm

Half of them live in the house , mainly because the garage has far too many Moto related products in it :)
slowMTB
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Cycling - Latest Posts