Do bikes come/live in your house or are they relegated to the garage/outside

Hell yeah - I've even got a space reserved for each one
75%
Hell no - Dirty greasy horrible things get them out, get them out now
25%

Total voters : 32

Re: Bikes In The House?

Postby Simon_K on Wed 16/Sep/15 9:31pm

Garage, on a hook with a steel cable and padlock to keep it there(hopefully). There are CCTV cameras and the swipey access keeps most of the sketchy locals out of the complex. We are in a 2 bedroom apartment and the spare room is pretty much extra storage/laundry. Not a good spot for a muddy bike to sit.
Simon_K
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby Simonius_Titius on Wed 16/Sep/15 10:02pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:All you guys and your road-access and garages.... Some of us live on traditional Wellington sections up wonky pathways and mossy steps.
Our Welly house could only be accessed by dragging bike up steep tunnel inside cliff face while fighting off vampire bats ...
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wed 16/Sep/15 10:46pm

Simonius_Titius wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:All you guys and your road-access and garages.... Some of us live on traditional Wellington sections up wonky pathways and mossy steps.
Our Welly house could only be accessed by dragging bike up steep tunnel inside cliff face while fighting off vampire bats ...

Super traditional, orthodox Wellington.
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby EoinC on Thu 17/Sep/15 9:14am

Slapheid wrote:Once upon a time we had three motos in the house.
Mind you, we were renting at the time :paranoid: . Now that I an responsible for my own carpet and walls, all bikes live in the garage, mancave and sheds.

Once upon a time bedroom:
490.jpg

Ooerr - Looks like a YZ-E that's gone lycra! I was still racing a TM at the time the ally swing-armed E came out.
Speaking of motorsickles in houses, I can still remember my Mother being rather surprised to find that I had placed my TM's gearbox in the freezer in an initial step to split the unwilling cases, and they had eased enough to dump gearbox oil through the family's frozen goods. Words can't describe her joy.
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 2 months

Postby Slapheid on Fri 18/Sep/15 10:06am

EoinC wrote:
Slapheid wrote:
Once upon a time bedroom:
490.jpg

Ooerr - Looks like a YZ-E that's gone lycra! I was still racing a TM at the time the ally swing-armed E came out.
Speaking of motorsickles in houses, I can still remember my Mother being rather surprised to find that I had placed my TM's gearbox in the freezer in an initial step to split the unwilling cases, and they had eased enough to dump gearbox oil through the family's frozen goods. Words can't describe her joy.

It was a bit of a bitzer: IT465 frame, maybe swingarm too. Later model centreport YZ490 engine. YZ250 shock. GSX400r wheels and forks. I bought it off Adrian Sargent in Dunners, who had built it up to race at Forbury speedway (with dirt wheels on). He had hand-made lots of trick stuff on it : the rear disc conversion, exhaust can, quick twist throttle, mad porting and head machining (ran on av-gas and had to be tow-started :crazy: ), home-made seat unit, head angle and steering lock mods etc etc. I want another one, I want one NOW!!
My flatmates were pretty understanding (then again I never dumped oil in their food !). The usual crankcases in the oven, bearings in the freezer, annealing gaskets on the hob. Then there was the time I refilled the gearbox after a rebuild, forgetting that the sump plug was still it he tray of parts on the bed... :blush:
Slapheid
"Good things come to those who gate."
Member for: 7 years 7 months

Cycling - Latest Posts