Do bikes come/live in your house or are they relegated to the garage/outside

Hell yeah - I've even got a space reserved for each one
75%
Hell no - Dirty greasy horrible things get them out, get them out now
25%

Total voters : 32

Re: Bikes In The House?

Postby Velocipedestrian on Fri 4/Sep/15 4:04pm

All you guys and your road-access and garages.... Some of us live on traditional Wellington sections up wonky pathways and mossy steps.
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby oldandlazy on Fri 4/Sep/15 4:07pm

All of the bikes live inside the downstairs garage, taking up an entire parking bay that would otherwise be used for the wife's car. No carpet, but there is a stereo and decent workshop setup to make it pleasant.
oldandlazy
User avatarMedal
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby Zoom on Fri 4/Sep/15 8:18pm

Some bikes live in the garage (with TV and stereo and one car, the other lives on the driveway.) and some live in the flat under our house (with carpet, central heating and sky), the others hang in the stairwell between the flat and house.

Sometimes bits sneak inside....at the moment I can see 2 wheels, some random handlebars and some tyres.....
Zoom
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby pushbikerider on Fri 4/Sep/15 8:39pm

Bikes live in either the single internal access garage ( with one of or 3 cars ) or in the room beside the garage which has some of my other toys, small stereo and other cave type items

I still miss the shed we had at our last rental that fitted 3 cars plus bikes, work bench massive couch etc
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby 13daza on Fri 4/Sep/15 10:47pm

The bikes live in my man shed (almost a house its 80sqm with three rooms) with all my other toys. I'm still working on clearing out the storage room to be a dedicated bike park :) I don't remember collecting all that crap but i should get around to finding a new home for most of it.
At the mo they have custom made floor stands (screwed to the floor)to park in and share a nice warm carpeted room with couches, t.v/games set up, gym equipment and a rowing machine oh almost forgot the most important bit ,the beer fridge.
I have been trying to persuade she who should be obeyed that it is necessary to have a proper coffee machine out there so I can relax on the man shed porch after a hard ride with a freshly made cappuccino I even presented her with a cost benefit breakdown , it seems shes somewhat dubious about the savings to be made over the local coffee shop.
I cant put my bikes in the garage cause I don't have one , I deliberately brought a house with no garage, after nearly thirty years fixing cars the last thing I want to do is come home and have to bugger round with them,besides it gives me a great excuse not to do homers as well :sly:
13daza
Member for: 3 years 6 months

Postby kneemick on Thu 10/Sep/15 8:26pm

Got a pass to assemble the new bike inside at the moment but other than that they are relegated to the garage
kneemick
"In the absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia"
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Fri 11/Sep/15 9:16am

kneemick wrote:Got a pass to assemble the new bike inside at the moment but other than that they are relegated to the garage

Pix of assembly please, I do like a good build sequence.
Velocipedestrian

Postby Slapheid on Fri 11/Sep/15 10:24am

Once upon a time we had three motos in the house.
Mind you, we were renting at the time :paranoid: . Now that I an responsible for my own carpet and walls, all bikes live in the garage, mancave and sheds.

Once upon a time bedroom:
490.jpg
Slapheid
"Good things come to those who gate."
Member for: 7 years 7 months

Postby umog on Tue 15/Sep/15 10:31pm

noel_whiteside wrote:We have two rooms in our house for bikes. The wife's bikes are in one room and mine are in another.

Where do you guys sleep, in the shed?
:p

I manage to sneak mine inside to true wheels or do fiddly stuff mid-winter. That's about the limit.
umog
Member for: 7 years 6 months

Postby noel_whiteside on Wed 16/Sep/15 9:35am

It's a three bedroom house so there's still a room for us.
We might have to move some of the bikes out the garage. We've just registered on https://www.warmshowers.org/ and we are getting a lot of request from people to stay.
We'll see if we can get all the bike into one room before taking the drastic action of moving them to the garage.
noel_whiteside
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby swtchbckr on Wed 16/Sep/15 12:47pm

noel_whiteside wrote:It's a three bedroom house so there's still a room for us.
We might have to move some of the bikes out the garage. We've just registered on https://www.warmshowers.org/ and we are getting a lot of request from people to stay.
We'll see if we can get all the bike into one room before taking the drastic action of moving them to the garage.

without clicking on that link, can i just say, it sounds SO dodgy...

I assume it's an airbnb / couchsurfer type set up?
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby Trail on Wed 16/Sep/15 2:03pm

couchsurfing specifically for cycle touring.
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby dwgknz on Wed 16/Sep/15 3:03pm

swtchbckr wrote:without clicking on that link, can i just say, it sounds SO dodgy...

Not as bad as this UCI press release:

12011362_10153180604711375_1300306328692771247_n.jpg
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Postby kneemick on Wed 16/Sep/15 4:26pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:
kneemick wrote:Got a pass to assemble the new bike inside at the moment but other than that they are relegated to the garage

Pix of assembly please, I do like a good build sequence.

Sorry Velocipedestrian didn't your post in time to do sequence but here is end result (had to wait till I had a chance to clean it)
spicy.jpg
kneemick
"In the absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia"
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wed 16/Sep/15 4:52pm

Oh, nice.

My partner has an older Spicy, fun machine.
Velocipedestrian

Cycling - Latest Posts