Re: Bike Mechanics Impart Their Wisdom On Vorb

Postby Dougal on Tue 2nd Apr 9:43pm

amb236 wrote:So long story short I let the pressure out of the lower schrader valve (at the bottom of the shaft) on a rockshox deluxe rear shock (stupid I know) which I now belive is for the damper chamber? It is the reactiv version from a 2018 trek remedy (not a thrushaft though). Can someone confirm that I need a special adaptor to repressurise it? Also what psi?

Or does it require something more complex? Hopefully I can find a local shop who can service it/laugh at me

I thought it was to do with getting the last of the air out of the negative chamber and that it would come right after pumping the shock back up in stages and equalizing by pushing it into its travel a bit, but I've done that and it sounds and feels like shit so I figured I've done something wrong......thanks!

200-300psi.

However with Reaktiv you can't guarantee it was good before you let the pressure out.
Dougal
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby amb236 on Wed 3rd Apr 8:16pm

Haha Cheers.
amb236
Member for: 5 years 11 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sunday 1:30pm

What are people using to strap tools to their bikes?
I'm keen to stay bagless for longer rides.
I see the Backcountry research straps are pretty popular but was thinking of something cheaper.
Trying to stay away from velcro as that doesn't like dirty conditions all too much.

What's out there?
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby ☭SOVIET☭ on Tuesday 2:05am

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
☭SOVIET☭
Member for: 3 days 9 hours

Bicycle Repair | Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts