Re: Bike Hutt 2010 Cyclocross Racing Series

Postby OliverBendix on Sat 17/Jul/10 10:04pm

I'll be there for the short race. I think.

I've got the bike all ready - voluminous tyres off, skinny stock ones back on because they might roll faster, and they have a more crossy vibe. Pump, tools, bottle cage etc. off the bike for easy picking up. Studs installed in shoes for running up banks.

The gear's OK, but my total lack of cross experience might be a problem :paranoid: Please don't run over me after I fall over a barrier :crazy:
OliverBendix
"Punter"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby BUSHLOVERACING on Tue 20/Jul/10 9:18pm

Awesome outing again. We love CX racing. Brutal, honest hard yacker.

A good little read from Waghorn
BUSHLOVERACING
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby YANKEEHOTELFOXTROT on Thu 22/Jul/10 7:52am

Results from number 2 are here:
http://thebikehutt.blogspot.com/2010/07/results-from-round-2-of-cx-series.html
Sorry for the delay, but I've been buried in the workshop with Ben away chasing bears out of his lounge in Canuckistan.

It was nice to see a few new victims out there, and another stellar day courtesy of Mother Nature. Once again a good show by the gluttons for punishment BLR crew, though it should be noted that a few of them have been absent.
Would be very cool to see more of NZ's roadie crew give it a crack (Newsflash: CX is a sub-discipline of road racing). Perhaps we'll see some at Rounds 3 and 4.
Special thanks to the girl with the spirits--she's obviously done her homework and knows why CX is THE cycling event in Europe and the US.

Next round Sunday August 1 California Park. This will mark the first day of the last year of my 30's. Bring your friends.
Prizes will be doled out at the last round at Trentham Memorial on the 15th of August with the best going to he/she who shows up most and does the best.
YANKEEHOTELFOXTROT
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby OliverBendix on Thu 22/Jul/10 10:55am

That was a cool event, Mr Foxtrot. Thanks for the organising effort.

A cross newbie's race report: I entered the half-hour version, like a wuss, as I had no real idea what I was doing so thought I'd make it easier for the first time. Went out fast and killed myself after two laps, before settling into a more sustainable pace for the the rest of the race, lapped a few old men, didn't get lapped, and cruised in all on my own for third in punter class.

I'll go the full hour next time, but sadly it won't be the next race. I might make the final, otherwise it'll have to be next year!
OliverBendix
"Punter"

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Thu 22/Jul/10 1:02pm

Fun race = only listed those who didn't get lapped?
Scaredy_Cat
""RIDER!!!" :-D"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Sat 31/Jul/10 5:46pm

Bumppppppp
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby YANKEEHOTELFOXTROT on Sun 1/Aug/10 3:00pm

Ouch.
I did both races today in order to make amends for not starting/not finishing in the recent past.
30 mins was really enough. I had exactly half a tank left for the 60min race and popped accordingly.
Good turnout. Good wet weather. Hope everyone enjoyed it.

Results are up:http://thebikehutt.blogspot.com/2010/07/results-from-event-3-in-cx-series-01.html
Any discrepancies will be sorted mid week; just shoot us an email if you don't like what you see.

Thanks,
Mike and The Bike Hutt Crew

Special thanks to NZDF for all the help with set up and tear down. Those boys have it down to a fine art.
YANKEEHOTELFOXTROT

Postby Hutch on Sun 1/Aug/10 6:58pm

Thanks Mike and all the helpers,

I had my first try at the cyclocross experience today and have to say that it was a real blast.

I'm still hurting but now looking forward to the next one!
Hutch
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby DaveAldred on Mon 2/Aug/10 12:26pm

Another great hour in hell.

Thanks to the spectators who gave great support despite the rank conditions!

Round 3
DaveAldred
"Bushlove - Strictly Sifting"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby YANKEEHOTELFOXTROT on Fri 13/Aug/10 12:42pm

OK folks--last round of the series, and your last chance to get some practice in before the National Champs in Hamilton.
This Sunday at Trentham Memorial Park (site of the first race).
10am start for the 30 min race
11am start for the 60 min race.
Prize giving to follow
I've added a surprise or two with a section through Barton's Bush which should be alot like the scene in Return of the Jedi where they flew through the forest aboard the speeder bikes. Let's hope that no one ends up like the Stormtroopers.
The weather forecast calls for more rain, which means more mud. I scoped out a special little patch of mud on Wednesday night that will bring tears of joy and pain to all.
YANKEEHOTELFOXTROT

Postby OliverBendix on Fri 13/Aug/10 1:11pm

Choice. I'll be there, planning to ride up from Lower Hutt for another go at cyclocross. Looks like at least a tail wind on the way up there...
OliverBendix
"Punter"

Postby brutalfreeride on Mon 16/Aug/10 6:24pm

Well that was glorious, thanks Mike and all your helpers from what I remember they were outstanding! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
brutalfreeride
"www.kenfeistcx.com"
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Cycling | Cyclocross | Featured Events - Latest Posts