Bike Freight In Nz?

Postby EuaNz on Tue 11/Sep/12 9:31am

Hi All,

Im sure this topic will have been asked before but can anyone give me an ideas of freight costs and best company to use based on your experience?

I need to ship a 20" MTB from Tauranga to Nelson.

I will be packing it in a bike box.

Thanks in advace :)
EuaNz
Member for: 5 years 5 months

Re: Bike Freight In Nz?

Postby cruiser on Tue 11/Sep/12 9:45am

shipmytrade.co.nz is pretty easy to use, otherwise your lbs have the contacts to do it easily for you.
cruiser
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Postby theboss on Thu 20/Sep/12 3:42pm

shipmytrade - $92 from CHCH to AK took 2 days.
theboss
Member for: 8 years 4 months

Postby DaveM on Thu 20/Sep/12 5:10pm

Shipmytrade, Rangiora to Blenheim $68 overnight. Easy enough to get a quote online.
DaveM
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Fri 21/Sep/12 8:54am

Hey dudes - with shipmytrade, does the fee cover a box for the bike, or does the seller have to box it up first? Just wondering... :)
Dr. Fuentes
Member for: 6 years 5 months

Postby Simonius_Titius on Fri 21/Sep/12 11:01am

They have different rates for boxed and unboxed, details are on the site.
I think for an unboxed bike they just need you to remove the pedals and rotate the bars 90 deg.

Theoretically an LBS won't always have a free spare box on hand but I've never had to visit more than one shop.
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 2 months

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Fri 21/Sep/12 12:18pm

Simonius_Titius wrote:They have different rates for boxed and unboxed, details are on the site.
I think for an unboxed bike they just need you to remove the pedals and rotate the bars 90 deg.

Right you are - I was wondering if the service had provision for the supply of a box and packing of the bike, on top of the freight charges for lazy folk such as myself... :D
Dr. Fuentes
Member for: 6 years 5 months

Postby DaveM on Fri 21/Sep/12 12:20pm

As above, will cart unboxed, but would be more likely to get damaged. Most shops have boxes, usually with all the protective card etc needed to protect them (or just pay the shop to box/send)
DaveM
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby Simonius_Titius on Fri 21/Sep/12 12:39pm

Dr. Fuentes wrote:
Simonius_Titius wrote:They have different rates for boxed and unboxed, details are on the site.

Right you are - I was wondering if the service had provision for the supply of a box and packing of the bike, on top of the freight charges for lazy folk such as myself... :D

That is the Luxury Rate package. Three couriers turn up with a bike box. One packs up the bike, one gives you a neck & foot massage, and one tidies the house and puts on a batch of scones.
Recommended.
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 2 months

Postby EuaNz on Sat 22/Sep/12 11:21am

My LBS provided the box, packed the bike and freighted from Tauranga to Nelson...all for $60....Cant ask for any better than that. Anyone in Tauranga, I highly reccommend Bicycle Business at Gate Pa.
EuaNz
Member for: 5 years 5 months

Classifieds | Cycling | For Sale | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts