Bike Check Cervelo

Postby outdoorboy on Tue 7/Jul/15 7:01pm

HI Guys. I've just purchased a bicycle. There were a couple of odd things about the seller that have left me concerned and I wanted to do a check for a stolen bike. Its a carbon frame Cervelo CSC black and red. Centaura and record spec's.
The serial number is damaged, but it's in conjunction with a lot of cosmetic damage under the frame. Thanks. Purchased in Christchurch. Thanks
outdoorboy
Member for: 2 years 4 months

Re: Bike Check Cervelo

Postby dwgknz on Tue 7/Jul/15 8:49pm

Pics?
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 8 months

Postby happybaboon on Tue 7/Jul/15 9:07pm

You're best to tell the pigs of your concerns.
Prolly shouldn't have bought that one - if it is stolen and its owner is found you'll likely lose all the moneys.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby znomit on Tue 7/Jul/15 9:27pm

What size is it?

If its a large you should go see the cops first thing in the morning, because if the owner sees you riding it you're likely to get a decent pounding from a big man in lycra.
Small or medium, not so bad.
znomit
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby happybaboon on Tue 7/Jul/15 9:41pm

Not if it's an extra small and the owner is an enormous clown.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Farm on Tue 7/Jul/15 10:16pm

You have to watch out for the little guys. Especially if they're really quiet and have a twitchy eye.
You should talk to the police if you're concerned. Probably not much they're able to do if the serial number is illegible. If you have a real name for the person you bought it from they'll know if they're the sort of person who sells stolen stuff regularly.
Farm
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby outdoorboy on Wed 8/Jul/15 6:29pm

Hi Guys, Some good replies here. Thanks. I have indeed contacted the police. There is two digits missing from an 8 digit serial number. They said it's ok. I checked the guys licence when I bought the bike. One phone cop said he was dodgy but another said they had nothing on him. I'll go to the station tonmorrow to make further hepefully exhaustive enquires. Hoefullyy there will be a list of stolen bikes. A red light to me was a half intact expensive heart monitor / cadence systm on the bike . That was odd. I hate bike thieves with ferocity. I would hate to ride someone elses bike. I need to really check this out beofer I can enjoy the bike. I think there should be an internet register of all stolen bikes. Easy to check for all, such as the stolen vehicle register. Thanks for you help. Please keep in mind Cervelo scs black and red record specs. THx
outdoorboy
Member for: 2 years 4 months

Public Notices | Stolen - Latest Posts