Re: Bike Barn Makes It To Fair Go

Postby lubie on Wed 28/Oct/15 11:52am

Total change in subject - But did anyone else notice the VORB bookmark on his webbrowser at 6:13? :D nice, dude

Also, why do you think the Bike Barn manager was snooping though my Linked in earlier today? :eh:
lubie
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby swtchbckr on Wed 28/Oct/15 12:13pm

i've walked into Torpedo 7 and said "i saw this item for $X online" and the staff member said, "oh we dont usually but i will blah blah blah"... result. got it for online price. Saved them and me the courier cost. I think if they've got said item instore they should fucking well sell it to you at the price advertised online. if they have to get it in, then they should order it for you as if you were ordering it online...
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby scatter on Wed 28/Oct/15 12:37pm

Trail wrote:
scatter wrote:
swtchbckr wrote:Well if you didn't know about the online price they would have cleaned an extra $200 out of ya. That ain't no wtf to them! But I'm sure if you walk in and say "I'll take it at the online price" they'd have done that for you, though probably would have grumbled something about not 'normally' doing that...

Nope. They don't. I asked.

There is a whole dropship from the wholesaler model around. If the shop does not actually have to have the stock sitting there they charge much less to simply clip the ticket of it basically being ordered straight from the distributor. Not sure if that is what happened in this case?

The shop has one sitting there. I've seen it. But they can't give me that one for the online price. They have to wait for head office to send them the one (that I've ordered online) from their warehouse.
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"

Postby UK_Exile on Wed 28/Oct/15 2:51pm

swtchbckr wrote:i've walked into Torpedo 7 and said "i saw this item for $X online" and the staff member said, "oh we dont usually but i will blah blah blah"... result. got it for online price. Saved them and me the courier cost. I think if they've got said item instore they should fucking well sell it to you at the price advertised online. if they have to get it in, then they should order it for you as if you were ordering it online...

That's odd as seems typical practise in my local T7 is to give you the online deals without complaint, however you do need to tell them it's on as their tills & the online prices aren't linked & often are different
UK_Exile
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wed 28/Oct/15 4:40pm

lubie wrote:Total change in subject - But did anyone else notice the VORB bookmark on his webbrowser at 6:13? :D nice, dude

Also, why do you think the Bike Barn manager was snooping though my Linked in earlier today? :eh:

The current manager? Or the one featured on the telly?

(+is there a reason we're all so coy aboot naming him? Was on TV, and heaps of us know him...)
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby lubie on Wed 28/Oct/15 8:01pm

nah, the new guy :D
lubie

Postby Jimmy_Rustles on Wed 28/Oct/15 8:54pm

Well that was anticlimatic
Jimmy_Rustles
Member for: 2 years 6 months

Postby Wobbler on Wed 28/Oct/15 9:39pm

is the industry fixed yet?
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby znomit on Wed 28/Oct/15 10:10pm

Wobbler wrote:is the industry fixed yet?

Yes.

If by "fixed" you mean like the cricket.

ps, Im getting sidebar ads from Evo cycles. :D
znomit
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby Rik on Thu 29/Oct/15 7:54am

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/ondemand/fair-go/28-10-2015

If you missed it.

Pretty much the same as the last piece, just with different ex-employees interviewed.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby pushbikerider on Thu 29/Oct/15 6:04pm

Rik wrote:https://www.tvnz.co.nz/ondemand/fair-go/28-10-2015

If you missed it.

Pretty much the same as the last piece, just with different ex-employees interviewed.

Possibly one ex employee, one ex franchisee
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Clarky on Fri 30/Oct/15 9:27pm

The Commerce Commission verdict was being released today. Looking forward to what they say about BI and Bike Barn.

And the clip at the end of Fair Go mentioned receiving a prize from BI at their last product release do, but didn't say what it was due to it being inappropriate. The Commerce Commission (allegedly) was awarded a raised middle finger, and Fair Go something long, hard, black and rubber/plastic. The 'awarder' is a long-term unprofessional douche-bag of the type that makes the bike trade hard for honest people with integrity. Good riddance.
Clarky
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby Sims on Tue 3/Nov/15 2:09pm

More importantly... Why would anyone get into bricks and mortar retail these days.
Sims
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Jimmy_Rustles on Tue 3/Nov/15 5:54pm

So, what was the verdict? Can't find it online. Is the bike industry fixed yet?
Jimmy_Rustles
Member for: 2 years 6 months

Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Cycling - Latest Posts