Re: Big Day Out 2011

Postby Conners on Fri 8/Oct/10 8:14pm

wachtourak wrote:Tool and Deftones should do some sideshows, I want to see those bands but don't want to stand around in the sun with a bunch of cockmunchers liquored up on Export Gold all day for the priveledge.

Plus the rest of the lineup is epic cockmunching shit

Shihad's General Electric set excluded of course :blush:
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby wachtourak on Fri 8/Oct/10 8:37pm

This is true, I am less observant in my cider-ridden drunk and abusive state
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 16 years 11 months

Postby shmoodiver on Sun 10/Oct/10 8:39pm

meh, if you're a music nazi and only lean towards certain genre's then yeah the lineup is a bit average but if you're into music in general and have a broader taste then muntfuck or newpop then the lineup is seriously solid... lots of variety and some awesome bands from totally different styles.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby snr_merv on Sun 10/Oct/10 10:27pm

shmoodiver wrote:meh, if you're a music nazi and only lean towards certain genre's then yeah the lineup is a bit average but if you're into music in general and have a broader taste then muntfuck or newpop then the lineup is seriously solid... lots of variety and some awesome bands from totally different styles.

Agreed, solid random combination of bands, first time theres been more than 2 or 3 bands I want to see since 2005ish, consequently the first time I've bought a ticket since then. Sure, sets are shortened etc. but if you have to travel to see decent gigs most of the time anyways, it's good value to see 10 bands you like rather than one for $150 and a trip to Dorkland.
snr_merv
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Simon_K on Mon 11/Oct/10 10:09am

we're doing a bit of a roadie at that time, got ticket from the Mrs as an xmas pressie. might be taking her car which means the bike will probably be staying home
Simon_K
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby shmoodiver on Mon 11/Oct/10 10:45am

just bought briiii and iiiii our tickets
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Simon_K on Mon 11/Oct/10 2:22pm

BDO Vorb mobbing ;)
Simon_K
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby thorg on Mon 11/Oct/10 3:18pm

philstar wrote:
Henry Dorset Case wrote:I've you've ever seen any Rammstein DVD's (Vokerball particularly) they have a fantastic stage show, which given the BDO constrictions they are unlikely to have here. Plus a shortened set. Plus the aforementioned hipster douchebags, yoof = no from me as well.

they were a fantastic show when I saw them last time they came to BDO, prety much the same as the live video of them I've seen ( though they may have shortened it a bit).
I was close enough to feal the heat from the flame thrower when it was fired over the crowed. :thumbsup:
Their live set at 'rock to wellington' was w00t worthy. KISS, Alice Cooper, and Rammstein in one evening all doing full sets was well worth it.
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby Conners on Mon 11/Oct/10 3:47pm

thorg wrote:
philstar wrote:
Henry Dorset Case wrote:I've you've ever seen any Rammstein DVD's (Vokerball particularly) they have a fantastic stage show, which given the BDO constrictions they are unlikely to have here. Plus a shortened set. Plus the aforementioned hipster douchebags, yoof = no from me as well.

they were a fantastic show when I saw them last time they came to BDO, prety much the same as the live video of them I've seen ( though they may have shortened it a bit).
I was close enough to feal the heat from the flame thrower when it was fired over the crowed. :thumbsup:
Their live set at 'rock to wellington' was w00t worthy. KISS, Alice Cooper, and Rammstein in one evening all doing full sets was well worth it.

I think someone's confusing Lordi with Rammstein? :blink:
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Jacqueline on Thu 21/Oct/10 6:10pm

I'm going - but only because i have never been to a BDO and a BDO is on my bucket list. I really should have gone years ago, when i had actually heard of some of the bands that were playing. :rolleyes:
Jacqueline
"I don't own a bike - but i have some really mean looking Jackie O sunglasses!"
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Auckland | Auckland Region | Music | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting | Upper North Island - Latest Posts