Re: Big Boar Exhaust On Cars = Power???

Postby Chickenman on Fri 10/Apr/09 5:59pm

specializedman wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:
specializedman wrote:
RussS wrote:I was told by a wise old man once .... the louder the car, the smaller the dick of the owner :D

I'm going to go and get my nice quiet car serviced again so it is even MOAR quiet

sorry bud, won't make yer wanger bigger

You would know.

The word on the street is had to install a bigger exhaust because he was 'oversized' much like the rest of him.

Personally, I think that's poppy cock.
Chickenman
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby shmoodiver on Fri 10/Apr/09 6:23pm

it's more of a lilly cock thankyouverymush
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby Spokes on Fri 10/Apr/09 7:39pm

shmoodiver wrote:
Spokes wrote:Hmmm, the old back pressure myth........

These guys seem to disagree, but hey they are only making 8000hp.

i thought you were knowledgeable about cars and the likes spokes? but it appears you are not.
that antique that you have pictured is running headers and so will have the right amount of back pressure to make x horsepower at x revs, if they didn't want any back pressure they wouldn't have any pipes at all. know of any engines that run well without pipes?

Its running Zoomies so it does not fry the slicks. We ran up one of my race cars on the dyno and we were messing with exhausts. It produced the most powa with no exhaust at all (but it did not do much for the hearing or the paint in the engine bay).
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby shmoodiver on Fri 10/Apr/09 7:45pm

yeah, the most power.... in a 200rpm rev range, right at the top. with shit power and no drivability anywhere else in the rev range.

surely formula one engines would run no pipes too because that is the ultimate for powa? or maybe back pressure aint such a bad thing huh?
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Postby Spokes on Fri 10/Apr/09 7:48pm

shmoodiver wrote:yeah, the most power.... in a 200rpm rev range, right at the top. with shit power and no drivability anywhere else in the rev range.

surely formula one engines would run no pipes too because that is the ultimate for powa? or maybe back pressure aint such a bad thing huh?

If they did there would be a lot of deaf spectators, they are load enough as it is.

And we are talking powa.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"

Postby shmoodiver on Fri 10/Apr/09 7:59pm

facepalm
shmoodiver

Postby skeletor on Sat 11/Apr/09 10:09am

this has moved slightly off topic....
skeletor
"can has your sister?"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby Spokes on Sat 11/Apr/09 10:25am

skeletor wrote:this has moved slightly off topic....

Are you new to Vorb?
Spokes

Postby ShoreBoy on Sat 11/Apr/09 11:49am

Oli wrote:What a bore this thread is...

Ha, that's a gem, that one!

From my understanding of things back-pressure related (which isn't a whole lot), it's more important for small capacity, high revving engines like a 2TG for example, as opposed to a huge capacity like the one pictured. But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
ShoreBoy
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby shmoodiver on Sat 11/Apr/09 12:12pm

back pressure = drivability.
shmoodiver

Postby Robbie on Sat 11/Apr/09 2:03pm

Haha that old rubbish line. Backpressure is a pumping loss which does not aid light or full throttle running, nor low end response nor mid rangw torque.
Low backpressure with high exhaust port and pipe velocity makes a happy engine... :blink:
Robbie
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby shmoodiver on Sat 11/Apr/09 4:13pm

if you're running big overlap on you're exhaust timing then yeah, sure.
shmoodiver

Postby Fraser on Sat 11/Apr/09 7:13pm

Robbie wrote:Haha that old rubbish line. Backpressure is a pumping loss which does not aid light or full throttle running, nor low end response nor mid rangw torque.
Low backpressure with high exhaust port and pipe velocity makes a happy engine... :blink:

Is this what you have read in Fast Fours and Rotisaries?
Fraser
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Spokes on Sat 11/Apr/09 7:17pm

Fraser wrote:

I dont think they call it that anymore. That was years ago.
Spokes

Postby Fraser on Sun 12/Apr/09 5:36am

Spokes wrote:
Fraser wrote:

I dont think they call it that anymore. That was years ago.

Well this is the current April 2009 issue, it has an RX3 with large simmons 3 piece alloys, a cover combination you might be getting mixed up with any of the last 15 years worth of Fast fours and rotos or whateva yuz niggaz call it. But that is what it says on the front... mofo.
mag.jpg
Fraser
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Cars | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts